CMFB will be late,now I can finish the rise of tomb raider

For the best really, I only have eyes for Xcom 2 right now, although I'm about to start on a 1:35 scale M4A3 76W, so likely about to get my WW2 on again.

Is it any good ?

I played (and loved) the original ( and the underwater one ), but I didn't know they were doing a new version, so I missed all the hype.

My overriding memory of the original is that unbelievably creepy music - you were ready to **** yourself all the freakin' time ! :huh: That was brilliant.

I think the best way to describe it is you work with smaller teams (max of 6) and there's not a lot of granularity in what you do (you get two actions for each operative, shooting always ends a turn vs an action point system).  Some people say it's "simpler" which to a degree it is, but I'll contend that compared to most squad level turned based games, it only presents you with choices that matter, and doesn't bog you down with micromanaging how many APs it'll take to cross the street, get behind cover (and if it's squatting or kneeling!!!!) and reload, it's just "can I move across the street with my first move?  If yes and there's cover your dudes get down behind it, and if you didn't use up both moves with a long movement action, congrats!  Reload away.

Thematically it's still brilliant.  However:

There's XCOM: Enemy Unknown which is the modern remake, quite brilliant and quite cheap now (it came out in 2012) which thematically is the same idea as the original XCOM.

Then there's XCOM 2, which assumes humanity got its teeth kicked in and has you running 20 years on with a resistance based on survivors from XCOM.  

They both play quite well (as I've already said), there's neat throwbacks to the original, and they're still punishing on even the medium difficulty.  

Highly recommend you snap up XCOM EU with it's quite nice expansion pack first though, as it'll set you back less, and quickly tell you if new xcom is something you'll enjoy.   

Speaking of playing other games, is anyone playing Squad? Its a new tactical team shooter with an emphasis on realism through communication and combined arms, right now we have Russia, US, Militia (eastern European) and finally the Taliban. The British army is on the way and vehicles should be out shortly, its a lot of fun and condenses everything good about ARMA into a nice 50 v 50 package.

If anybody has it shoot me a message and maybe we can get a Combat Mission/Battlefront Squad going!

Speaking of playing other games, is anyone playing Squad? Its a new tactical team shooter with an emphasis on realism through communication and combined arms, right now we have Russia, US, Militia (eastern European) and finally the Taliban. The British army is on the way and vehicles should be out shortly, its a lot of fun and condenses everything good about ARMA into a nice 50 v 50 package.

If anybody has it shoot me a message and maybe we can get a Combat Mission/Battlefront Squad going!

Yeah I have been playing squad on and off with some friends got about 120 hours in it so far.. Its promising