CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

On 29/12/2016 at 0:47 PM, George MC said:

Just testing the waters but wondering if there was anyone interested in the missions from this campaign released "unpacked" as scenarios but still as part of a bundle? I should stress that the scenarios would generally be easier than in the campaign as the German side would not have taken casualties from one mission to the next. Also they would only be playable as the Germans vs AI as there are no German AI plans nor would there be any Soviet briefing.

The attack across the valley is one of the best scenarios I have ever played. Superb map and shows the power of hidden AT guns...

I am just taking a Witcher 3 break before finishing the last scenario of the campaign.

This is imo a must play campaign for RT just like PaperTigers work for CMBN...

9 hours ago, Holien said:

The attack across the valley is one of the best scenarios I have ever played. Superb map and shows the power of hidden AT guns...

I am just taking a Witcher 3 break before finishing the last scenario of the campaign.

This is imo a must play campaign for RT just like PaperTigers work for CMBN...

Cheers guys for the feedback :)

@Holien Excellent - really pleased you have been enjoying the campaign. Aye the attack across the rive valley is the lynchpin mission.I think you'll enjoy the last mission. It's one of my personal favourites.

Cheery!

Possible spoiler

#

#

#

#

I took ages working out suitable positions for the PAK and then creating an AI plan that would ensure they work effectively. Pleased to see it paid off.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello George,

absolutely great Job with this Campaign, played today the fist Mission ( 4 Dead and 5 wounded) and managed a tactical victory. I'm absolutely impressed how much work you put in this project, Battlefront should hire you for Campaign design. Did you have some Campaign for CMBN or CMBN? 

The for the work you did on this one,

Kind regards,

Peter

11 hours ago, PeterT said:

Hello George,

absolutely great Job with this Campaign, played today the fist Mission ( 4 Dead and 5 wounded) and managed a tactical victory. I'm absolutely impressed how much work you put in this project, Battlefront should hire you for Campaign design. Did you have some Campaign for CMBN or CMBN? 

The for the work you did on this one,

Kind regards,

Peter

Hi @PeterT

Thanks for the feedback - glad you enjoyed the first mission. Good result :)

Aye it was a tonne of work. It was my first campaign for WWII and grew from what I originally foresaw as a three mission one to, well, something a bit more involved.I also went for a high degree of immersion, which whilst no everyone's cup of tea is something I enjoy and appreciate.I've done a campaign for CMSF which is up on TSDIII called Forging Steel

As @BletchleyGeek has posted (thanks for the compliments) I've not done any official campaigns but I have created a heap of missions for all the CM families (except Italy - not my bag; or Bulge - no time - busy doing some CMRT project I have on the go just now).You can find em either in-game or at TSDIII under my nick George MC.

All the best with your future operations with KG von Schroif.

Cheery!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Swant said:

Shouldn't the TSDlll version be updated to v4 since you have it in your dropbox or is v3 the one to use?

Good point - for got about that that wee tweak! :) V4 is only a few, mainly cosmetic, tweaks. I'll see about updating the campaign entry on TSDIII. If you have v4 I'd use that.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Swant said:

In the first mission I hade 2 scout teams, very usefull. They are not  there in mission 2a. Where did they go?

For bravery and dedication to duty above a beyond they received a wee spot of leave for a job well done.

Actually they are not a core unit - I put em in the first mission as "red shirts"... Given this campaign will whittle down your dismounts I thought I'd give the player a wee bit of padding for the first mission.

In other missions where advanced recce is essential you'll find you may have someone attached who's job is to do that very thing. Although caution - most of these units in other missions are not "red shirts" and you will be asked in the brief to look after them rather than have them needlessly slaughtered.

Cheery!

P.S.

FYI - I've sent the revised v4 file to @Bootie to be uploaded to TSDIII when he's got a moment free. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just to let you know version 4 has been uploaded. This fixed a persistent issue around the off-map mortars not being available in the earlier missions. 

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-red-thunder/cm-red-thunder-campaigns/kampfgruppe-von-schroif-cmrt-campaign/

Thanks to @Bootie for his assistance in amending the file on TSDIII.

Cheery!

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Does one have to restart the campaign from the beginning to get v4, or will a current savegame work?

You'd need to re-start - assuming you are not playing version 4 - I did have this on dropbox a while back. The file version will be againts the campaign file.

If you are past the first few missions makes no odds as you are past the wee issue with the off-map mortars.

Just completed mission one, so I don't mind restarting.  But thanks for making the improvements - always appreciated. 

BTW: I got a good mission one win even without the mortars.  Is the lack of mortars an issue in mission 2 as well?

Actually, I just looked at v4, and I still don't see any on-map mortars in mission one.

Edited by Erwin

Hi @Erwin

Good effort on Mission 1 :)

My bad - you don't get on-map mortars Mission - it's the variation Missions with 2 (campaign branches after 1). I'm busy working on another campaign so my recall re details for this campaign is becoming mixed up with stuff from the new one!

Aye Mission 2 is winnable without mortars, other players have done it and I've done it - just ensure you manage losses amongst your panzer grenadiers. You can't afford to waste them...

On 09/04/2017 at 8:12 AM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just discovered this.....You are incredibly prolific George, if this is as good as your CM:SF stuff I'm going to have a lot of fun.  B)

I've just been around a long time! :) 

Cheers hope fully you'll enjoy it - bit different from my CMSF stuff unless you've played the Forging Steel campaign in CMSF, in which case similarish ;)

• 3 weeks later...