CMRT Campaign - Kampfgruppe "von Schroif"

Half way through the first scenario and as usual George is making somehting special. Really enjoying it so far and it bodes well for the rest of the camapign.

Cool :) good to hear you are enjoying it. Hope the next few missions deliver as well! No pressure... I'm working on a final final scenario for this campaign. Inspired by some accounts I've been reading. 

Half way through the first scenario and as usual George is making somehting special. Really enjoying it so far and it bodes well for the rest of the camapign.

You have some nice missions ahead...B)

I just finished mission 3 this evening...Stuff gets better and better !

The maps in the first two battles are good but in mission 3 and 4 they are absolutely pushing the map editor to its limits...

Outstanding work ! :)

George, a PM with feedback on scenario 3 will arrive during the comming weekend...

Many thanks ! 

Edited by RepsolCBR

You have some nice missions ahead...B)

I just finished mission 3 this evening...Stuff gets better and better !

The maps in the first two battles are good but in mission 3 and 4 they are absolutely pushing the map editor to its limits...

Outstanding work ! :)

George, a PM with feedback on scenario 3 will arrive during the comming weekend...

Many thanks ! 

Cool :) Look forward to it :) Glad you've enjoyed the first three missions. Many thanks!

George finished the first scenario. very fe casualties and only a jeep left for the Russains and all obj taken. But I only got  a draw, and the enxt scenario starts saying I had a defeat and chad to pull back...

I understand the Russian get points for spotting but I'd thought if I cleared the map I'd get a minor win?

Although it did say the Russians had 51 men left but non where on screen and I went to the end.

Edited by Wodin

George finished the first scenario. very fe casualties and only a jeep left for the Russains and all obj taken. But I only got  a draw, and the enxt scenario starts saying I had a defeat and chad to pull back...

I understand the Russian get points for spotting but I'd thought if I cleared the map I'd get a minor win?

Although it did say the Russians had 51 men left but non where on screen and I went to the end.

Hi @Wodin

Cheers for comments. Good effort in in taking all the objectives.

Re scoring - Hhmm... Looks like I need to tweak the scoring for the Germans. The Soviets do get points for spotting right enough - concept being if they see too much of the German force then they radio ahead so Soviets forewarned. But... I also need to take into account if the German player manages to take all the OBJ. So I'll tweak the on-map terrain OBJ for the Germans.

On the plus side you get an interesting fight in your next mission ;)

Oh re the extra Soviet guys - they are reinforcements that are set to never appear - wee stiffener for the AI as it was too prone to surrendering in earlier versions. This means the Germans have to physically clear and take the objectives rather than just slaughter the Soviets. Also means you are more exposed to being spotted, engaged and Kod by Soviet units.

Useful stuff ta. I'll make a few scoring tweaks.

Cheery!

• 2 weeks later...

Report from Kampfgruppe von Schroif...All objectives secured. Mission completed ! B)

Today i finished the campaign.

The last mission (in the path i followed) has to be one of the best AI-attack/meeting engagement scenarios i have played. 

Very enjoyable ! The battle swung back and forth several times. I was not pleaced with my initial progress but after some time i felt that i had it under controll but then....

"no, no, NOOOO !!" :o

But then ones again the fortunes of war turned in my favour..."Yes !, Yes ! beatiful !! Take that !!!!".

and this went on....until finally VICTORY :D

Many thanks for your massive work on this campaign ! A feedback-report is forthcomming...

Cheers / RepsolCBR

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks @RepsolCBR for the update. Apologies for the slow reply - it's been super busy with work at the moment. I'm just back from a busy week involving ice climbing, assessing trainee instructors and capped off with two days snowholing in the Cairngorms! The last was good experience for how rubbish it must have been to fight in the spring on the Ost Front!

I'm pleased to hear the final scenario was worth it. Look forward to the final AAR. I'm putting finishing touches to a final final mission for the campaign. Just doing the briefings and maps. So progress slightly stalled but picking back up and still on track for completion :)

Cheery!

22 hours ago, Chudacabra said:

I'm nearly done the first battle and it's really great so far. A wonderful, detailed map as usual with a well-balanced force at your disposal. I wouldn't recommend any changes so far.

Good to hear :) I think that "well balanced" force though soon becomes less so as the campaign moves on and casualties mount!

1 hour ago, Mattnum said:

George MC and BarbaricCo,

Are you guys using FXShine or War Movie mod standard presets or have you tweeked them from the standard downloads? The screen shots look amazing!

I use this https://justgetflux.com/ so the images above will have been taken at different times off day so the colour settings on my PC change. I just tweaked em in paintshop (mostly to lighten em up as the screenshots appeared darker than they did on my PC monitor). Other than that it's the in-game settings - normal colour palette but I do use lot's of mods. Oh I've also got a pretty beefy graphics card - GTX 970 and a good quality wide screen monitor.

Edited by George MC

@ChudacabraHow hard the missions are does depend on how ell you do on the previous. There are several branches. I'm not sure which one you ended up on but if you had tanks then you are on the alternate branch. And yes that one is hard as the Soviets have warning your coming so have bolstered their defence.

Re infantry - you have what you have I'm afraid. That's the point behind the campaign is you command a single company of SPW equipped panzergrenadiers. You need to look after your men.

My top tip FWIW: you don't want to lost panzergrenadiers needlessly in this. The campaign models 72 hours of near continuous combat - there are no infantry or armour replacements and depending on who well, or how badly or what decisions you make you might also start to run low on ammo. In such a short time frame that sort of thing just did not happen. I think this campaign is very unforgiving of losses, so might not be everyone's cup of tea. You can blow this in one poor mission where you lose lot's of grenadiers... 

In RL German SPW units suffered very heavy casualties very quickly - on account of the type of missions they were usually given. This is one such unit. Further down the line you get some support from your sister kampfgruppe so you can get them to do some of the heavy lifting, for a change!

I think the third battle could be a decisive one for you. Good luck! :)