British and Canadian in CMFB

And, frankly, given the market demographics, starting off with the CW forces in any theatre/timescale combination where the Americans were doing anything significant at all would be commercial suicide. If there was a Pacific Theatre '42-'43 family (to take a completely hypothetical improbability), it'd focus on Guadalcanal, not Burma. Only settings where the US weren't involved in any direct significant way at all (North Africa pre-Torch, or France '40) would possibly start the Family off with a CW-centric product.

I think this is a pretty solid observation.  That and it's easier to underwrite a base game with the US forces as the lead players to attract a larger audience to underwrite the base game and then building a follow on product that might be more niche.  

I probably would not be all that inerested in the Pacific right now but I would be interested in an early war family (France and Poland) and a Western Desert family

I'd be really happy with a Philippines 1944 game.  It lacks the USMC outside of air support, but it captures the best range of assets for both US and Japanese forces and a wide variety of terrain.  Early war is sort of entertaining in regards to armor combat, but frankly the only stuff I miss from CMAK was doing "cripple fights" with one of my friends back in college in which we purposefully picked the worse available equipment and forces and went at it (early war British vs Italian tanks is interesting to say the least).  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have accepted the fact we will never see a Pacific or France '40 Family from Battlefront, though there's a small chance a third party will do it like what happened with Afghanistan 1980s. Maybe North Africa again but for the first two possibilities there's only so much time to do things before the engine gets too old and we start with Normandy again, unless Steve and Charles retire. If they do retire before a new engine I wish them well, but I think they like doing what they're doing otherwise they'd be developing more lucrative software.

Right.  Thank you.  That would be MTO.  I was wondering if they will appear in France and Germany.

The Free 'French  were US organised, trained and equipped. All you have to do is chnge to French na,mes in the scenario editor and voila! :-)

True that.  There is a FFF vehicles mod at CMMODSIII (Free French Forces) but there is still need for "French" voices mod.  Would not be able to play any US/FFF joint operations scenarios though.  Hence the desire to see them added like the Canadians and Poles in CW.  As you imply, there are workarounds for going without.  B)