What a sad bunch...

Saturday 25th December 13.12 GMT. double-click on combat mission. system freezes, strange sounds. Harddrive crashed. One partition gone, 1 gig data-loss, including CM. Merry Christmas.

(now downloading again. And I WILL burn me a cd with the demo)

**** happens

------------------

<"let's nuke the site from orbit!">

Sorry for the loss Lindan BUT....

I had to chuckle when you said you'd burn it onto a CD this time.. How many full-price games have we bought for $50+ (In Ireland I've bought my fair share of $70 games (damn prices) ) which wouldn't be worth burning onto a CD? wink.gif

Hell I know I've spent more time just PBEMing CE than I've spent playing some of the games I bought (BOB being principal among those wink.gif ).

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Captain Foobar

Hey Schrodinger,

FYI, we won the war.....both times.... so speak english around here....or we might have to take you out one more time.... wink.gif

Guest Captain Foobar

howard,

sometimes that's the only way to beat em! They can be downright nasty if you turn your back on them for too long. Therefore I stand by my statement..hehe smile.gif

Hey Capt. Foobar,

Well, if you’re an American, I don’t yet see a Russian, Canadian, Frenchman, Pollak, Aussie...etc etc. Standing beside you to back you up this time...after all can Americans beat anyone by themselves....?

*cough* (sounds like Vietnam)

CIA: Overthrowing Castro since 1960!

Guest Captain Foobar

Hey!!! I'll have you know Vietnam was a tie!!!!! hehe, no my only point is to Schrodi is that it is rather rude to post in German on this board, *especially* when Germans have so much to be humble about. If only the Romans had taught you humility in the time of the Gauls, we wouldn't have to deal with the myth of German Superiority, and their constant nihilism... But i digress, just keep the text in English, and no-one gets hurt!! hehe

(in case anyone is too dense to recognize it, this post is 99% in jest.. smile.gif )

As a Norwegian it's kind off hard for people to understand but I'm actually a germanofile (considering they nicked our country 50 years ago that is). German products totally rocks, their strategies in WW2 was revolutionary. We had to deploy the world to keep them down the last time. Nope the germans was a foe to respect.

Thank god they lost though. Somehow I think the world is a better place without Nazi rulers.

I would like to ask Schrodi (as someone who can read and understand what he wrote (despite the errors) ) just what the hell what you wrote has to do with anything preceding it in the thread?

Trying to test the limits of what you can get away with again are you?

What a naked white woman (yes that is partially what Schrodi wrote) has to do with anything to do with CM or Christmas is beyond me. I'd really appreciate an explanation of its relevance Schrodi.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Excuse me Captain Foobar but if ANYONE is saying anything which may be derogatory about my wife then I fully intend to take issue with it.

This board matters far less to me than you may imagine following what I feel was disgraceful lack of moral courage shown by most members after the last attacks on me so it would be very little loss to me to leave it and I would only miss those people who had the moral rectitude to take some sort of stand when unwarranted abuse occured. Everyone else isn't worth the letters in their nickname as far as I am concerned.

Not wanting to get involved is no excuse. Sometimes there is a clear right and there is a clear wrong. Not wanting to get involved is no defence in either a legal situation or a moral situation as far as I am concerned.

I noticed the "covering fire" but it is also my right to ask for an explanation of something which may be aimed at me. I DO have that right don't I ?

I said NOTHING inflammatory. I merely asked for clarification as to what he meant.

Foobar,

With all due respect,

In future I would thank you, and anyone else, NOT to bait anyone into doing anything. That is not the way to act on any board. It is PRECISELY this baiting that Schrodi is doing and I am quite cognisant of it. If you bait him then you are descending to his level AND if you fall to his level then it becomes impossible to ban him without banning you.

So, I understand why you did this but would ask you not to do it again. It doesn't help me or the forum at all. I also would appreciate if you didn't feel free to give me advice in public on the forum again when dealing with someone like Schrodi.

So, Schrodi, again, I ask for clarification of exactly what you meant with that little sentence and what the "naked white woman" has to do with anything in this thread.

Fionn; it's not a case of not wanting to get involved....for myself it's a case of conducting myself according to certain standards of behaviour because I am expounding my viewpoints on a piece of private property, and *I must* behave in accordance with the rules.

But that having been said, I quite frequently feel like telling certain people here to 'have sex and travel'.

It's also not a case of cowardice; it's merely a desire of not wanting to scrape something distasteful from the bottom of my shoe.

Peace out.

Tom

Guest Captain Foobar

Sorry Fionn,

I offended you in the past by not speaking up. This time I've done it BY speaking up. Wont happen again.

[This message has been edited by Captain Foobar (edited 12-28-99).]

Guest Tom punkrawk

since I'm too simple minded to even insite an arguement, I will just qoute someone...

"Why can't we all just get along?"

-Rodney King(I believe)

------------------

Dork Punk Productions and Design

WW2Games page-

http://www.geocities.com/ww2games

Battle Of The Bulge TC for ww2gi-

http://www.geocities.com/botbtc

Ww2gi Screaming Eagles multiplayer group-

http://www.geocities.com/screamingeagles1

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Translation (roughly): "In your window seat you have a plastic Christmas Tree, and in your pantry a naked white woman" (though I think that last part is being translated more kindly than the author intended)

Relevance: None to this Board

Result: Hey Steve, are completely irrelevant, questionably insulting implications hidden in German justification for Banning? I would rather stretch my imagination with Fionn's war stories than strain my patience with a putz.

Jonathan

Hi Lindan,

Well my text editor is in English as I use the most modern version of Netscape and write notes in the composer. So those are just plain old spelling mistakes, sorry to burst your bubble about the infallibility of Germans when it comes to spelling....but you could have a case as I’m Austrian really-but I’ve lived most of my life in Germany...including Stuttgart, and I mention this because it brings me to FIONN:

Fionn,

read the thread, you know the first post by someone else...it’s about what a sad bunch are the guys who are posting on Christmas. I was quoting a song by a German band from Stuttgart, Die Fantastische Vier(The Fantastic Four) who sing a funny and pathetic hip-hop/rap song about X-mas called Frohes Fest(Happy Holidays). I guess that’s a bit to subtle a reference around here, I’m really, really, really sorry. The line in question is a funny and memorable part of it for me. Any one of the millions of Europeans who know of them might smile if the knew it.

Schrodi

P.S. I couldn't log on with my old name. Guess I was banned because of that banned because of that humorless misanthrope...