Some Fortress Italy Christmas bones...

ChrisND

Alright, CMFB is soon gonna be old news as far as I am concerned. 

What is the happening with the next module for CMFI? :D

IDEA: To have the 442 RCT Nisei "Go for broke!"...with Asian faces for the enlisted troops and mostly Caucasian for the officers/sergeants (as applicable)...maybe split off the enlisted troops internally as a foreign country and the skins have different file names? The appearance of troops within a platoon or company can be changed by the dropdown selector so perhaps this can be extended to the skins as well. Automatically or by player choice. This same approach could solve the issue with African-american troops led by white officers or African-american officers AND could extend out as well to North African troops led by white French officers and/or sergeants.

BFC probably ---shoot!--definitely knows this idea and maybe it is how they will do the Indian Division? I guess we wait and see.

Throw us a freakin' bone here Doctor Evil!

• 4 weeks later...

After be playing FB during near one week, I can say that it is a great game with fantastic new features. Well, I know that Chris and all the team are working hard for bring us soon a patch for correct some bugs. However now I'd like to ask to devs about possible developments in the next module for FI. We have not any info since last December. I am not asking for a exactly date for release, only some words about its current status and if possible, only if possible, some screenshots with new units and weapons, It would be a "real pleasure for the senses". I can't wait to play with last war machines and TO&E.

Thanks in advance and keep your great work.

PD:  I'm curious for know if this module will include the last features in FB relating at Tiger I, that is if Tiger i Mid will receive the rubber wheels.

Edited by Jumpete

• 4 weeks later...

I'm excited to have Indian troops in the game. Though I suppose it will be a challenge to do it accurately with a mix of European and Indian leaders, and modelling the little differences between Sikhs, Gurkhas and all the other cultures which make up the Indian army.

To my knowledge these will be some of the first pixel troops to represent the 2.5 million strong volunteer army who in turn represented almost limitless man power at the disposal of the commonwealth. It appears that it was used only grudgingly, for various reasons.  

19 minutes ago, arjuna_r said:

To my knowledge these will be some of the first pixel troops to represent the 2.5 million strong volunteer army who in turn represented almost limitless man power at the disposal of the commonwealth. It appears that it was used only grudgingly, for various reasons.  

It would on the surface appear strange that Indian troops were never committed in the ETO given the chronic personnel shortages in 21st. AG.

:huh:

Michael

Arjuna, my experience with Battlefront's representation of forces in the new games is when they decide to do something they almost always do it accurately, though I can't guarantee Gurkhas but it looks as if they will certainly be including Sikhs.  I'm hoping we'll hear more soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2015 at 7:27 PM, MikeyD said:

Awhile ago I had located some solid info on T32 and sent it to Chris but I've forgotten most of the details now. I believe it was originally designed as a jungle gun circa 1942 and served in some numbers in the Pacific. 10th Mtn Div also got a batch as a mule(s)-transportable mountain gun. The gun could handle US 37mm AT gun HE and canister ammo. There was a lightened version named the T33 in development at war's end which got cancelled. What else can I find...

Hi sir,

T32 pack-up time is 6.7 minutes?

I know this is ancient history for you probably. I wanted to ask if the T32 pack-up of SIX POINT SEVEN MINUTES is accurate?

With the game switching sometimes 14 seconds to sometimes 27 seconds for deploying the weapon after it is carried.

Seems odd to need so much time for pack-up but then deploys so fast. Hmmm.

Phil