2015 Christmas Bones

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock Mod Tags 
Note: Ardennes region art is used by default for environmental art, if no mod tags are selected. 
[germany] - German environmental art.  
[france] - French environmental art. 
[holland] - Holland and northern Belgium environmental art. 
[autumn] - Autumn environmental art. 
[winter] - Winter environmental art. 
[snow] - Snow unit and environmental art. 
[cold] - Cold environmental art. 
[muddy] - Muddy unit and environmental art. 
[whitewash] - Adds whitewash camo to vehicles. Whitewash tagged art is used automatically by 
the game when the date is January or later, and there is Light Snow or heavier on the ground. 
[whitewash snow] - Combination of Whitewash and Snow mod tags. 

Something that also didn't make it into the preview manual PDF, is that there is a list of mod tags that change the road signs to those of famous villages/towns in the Ardennes area. I think there are... 17 of them? I'll have to dig up my list of them, or Mike will post them before me.

Good to know, what you have planned.

The upgrade interests me the most by far. If the programming will start in January, when can the upgrade be expected to be available?

Which family will receive the upgrade first?

How much will it cost?

Thanks in advance!

I'm afraid that I can't answer any of these yet. When the details are more solidly in place in the coming months, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

I am champing at the bit to get V4.0 going once Final Blitzkrieg is out the door.

Edited by ChrisND

ChrisND - It's all looking great.  Can't wait to get my hands on CMFB.  Any word on a few of the vehicles I didn't see in the CMFB manual:

US: M1 90mm AA gun (knocked out a few Panthers around Stoumont)

German: later version 251/21 (with 20mm) and Late war 251/9 (gun mounted on roof)

Cool. Now that we have Paras, Commandos are next on my wish list.

Our current plan for filling out Fortress Italy is the following. NOTE THAT THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Nothing here is laid in stone yet.

• Gothic Line Module (that won't be the actual name for it) that pushes the timeline to the end of the war. Details on it are already present in the first post. Basically this module pushes the timeline to the end, and rounds out missing Commonwealth and German forces.
  • An Italian Forces Pack that adds a ton of Post-Armistice Italian forces to the Allies and Axis sides. Italian partisans, captured Italian equipment in use by Germans, actual Italian military forces operating under Allied and Axis sides, the works. This would be a pretty big Pack that will completely revolve around the Italians. I'm personally super excited for this pack, it will be a lot of fun to make and play.
  • An Elite Forces Pack that includes such things as Commandos and 1st Special Service Force. This would be a pretty small Pack, and may just get rolled into something else. Details are murky at this point.

Hey, more bones!

Edited by ChrisND

• An Elite Forces Pack that includes such things as Commandos and 1st Special Service Force. This would be a pretty small Pack, and may just get rolled into something else. Details are murky at this point.

Brazilians? that might bulk out the pack a bit. :D

Thanks for the Christmas Bones, guys. Great stuff in the pipeline!

I see vehicle on bridge issues are tackled in the upcoming patch. Yay! That one bites one of my scenarios (right, Chris! He-he), so I'm very happy to see it on the list.

And, it must be said, I am joyed to know that Grandma Troll has been run over by a reindeer. It was time and well deserved.

People like that really drag down the forum and have a freezing effect on useful discussion and genuinely constructive criticism. There were a few things I've been wanting to post about, either to say thanks, or check status on potential updates/changes, but didn't because Grandma would have been on them like a fly on fresh summer poop, dragging the thread down the rat hole.

So, a late, but sincere Merry Christmas to BF and all the good-hearted, rational members of the CM community out there!

• An Italian Forces Pack that adds a ton of Post-Armistice Italian forces to the Allies and Axis sides. Italian partisans, captured Italian equipment in use by Germans, actual Italian military forces operating under Allied and Axis sides, the works. This would be a pretty big Pack that will completely revolve around the Italians. I'm personally super excited for this pack, it will be a lot of fun to make and play.

Hopefully including some of the unusual Italian late war weapons, like the FNAB43 or the TZ45.

I'm afraid that I can't answer any of these yet. When the details are more solidly in place in the coming months, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

I am champing at the bit to get V4.0 going once Final Blitzkrieg is out the door.

That's great to hear. Where can I preorder? :D

I would pay for a campaign system alone, where consecutive and really connected battles can be fought on the same maps with map destruction - and H2H. And ofcourse I would need this feature in all CM families I own... ;)

Skorzeny's liberation of the Duce with landing gliders?!? B)

An Italian Forces Pack that adds a ton of Post-Armistice Italian forces to the Allies and Axis sides. Italian partisans, captured Italian equipment in use by Germans, actual Italian military forces operating under Allied and Axis sides, the works. This would be a pretty big Pack that will completely revolve around the Italians. I'm personally super excited for this pack, it will be a lot of fun to make and play.

Everything I could have hoped for! I'm so excited. Hope the new Osprey titles are of use! Keep up the great work!

• Black Sea module: think Marines, Naval Infantry, and VDV, among other new forces. And new high-tech toys. I want to really flesh out American, Ukrainian, and Russian forces/equipment on all levels before moving on to new nationalities.

Now that amphibious movement is possible, would landings be possible? The Marines module for CMSF had some scenarios where units start on the beach, would it now be possible to have them start offshore?

Any chance of us finding out about those other forces? ;)

MVD, Spetsnaz, Internal Troops?