2015 Christmas Bones

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we all ignored him then he could rant and rave and make unfounded statements all day long and he would get no reaction. Surely that would encourage him to leave.

You are a reasonable man, Ian.

As (P)resident Troll™, I can assure you that trolls are not to be reasoned with. 

By all means, feed the troll. But don't drink the Tang.

Edit: I rate this from the CMFB game manual higher than any UI overhaul, but that´s my personal preference.

page 125

Stock Mod Tags 
Note: Ardennes region art is used by default for environmental art, if no mod tags are selected. 
[germany] - German environmental art.  
[france] - French environmental art. 
[holland] - Holland and northern Belgium environmental art. 
[autumn] - Autumn environmental art. 
[winter] - Winter environmental art. 
[snow] - Snow unit and environmental art. 
[cold] - Cold environmental art. 
[muddy] - Muddy unit and environmental art. 
[whitewash] - Adds whitewash camo to vehicles. Whitewash tagged art is used automatically by 
the game when the date is January or later, and there is Light Snow or heavier on the ground. 
[whitewash snow] - Combination of Whitewash and Snow mod tags. 

Mod  tags  are  used  by  scenario  designers  to  force  selection  of  textures  tagged  with  the 
appropriate label. For example, a scenario that has the "[whitewash]" mod tag will always 
attempt to use any textures with a file name containing "[whitewash]" (without the quotes) 
when the scenario is loaded. Mod tags are also used automatically by the game when certain 
conditions are met; for example, if the Region of a scenario is set to Germany, the game will 
automatically load textures with the "[germany]" mod tag in the file name. 

So differend unit artwork in the UI should be no problem...lets see if BFC has done it.

You are a reasonable man, Ian.

As (P)resident Troll™, I can assure you that trolls are not to be reasoned with. 

By all means, feed the troll. But don't drink the Tang.

Just real good. So whats wrong with Tang? It was good enough for the astronauts. And whats wrong with Kool aid? Nothing but the fact people are too spoiled drinking their Cokes and Pepsi these days they turn their nose up at Kool aid. When I was a kid, we were lucky if we got one pepsi a week and that was on Saturday night which was "chili night". Now people drink soda pop every day even in europe. Its making everyone SOFT and FAT and....  TENDER...yumm

And you know for sure they are not just taken from Normandy...WHY exactly ?

Because I've been testing the game since it went to beta? 

And they could not design 2 different sets of portraits ? Would that be too much work or distract them from something else ?

You do realize the game can handle only one set of portraits per formation, right? For someone who is apparently intimate with all of the workings of CMx2, surely you would know that, right?

Why should someone that likes the game but remains critical leave the forum ?

Because there is a difference between someone who is trying to be constructive and someone who is deliberately being a Troll.  There are thousands of people registered with this Forum and they seem to understand the difference because they are critical without being a total jerk about it.  No matter how many times you are called out on your behavior you will not learn.  You refuse to learn.  You reject learning.  And everybody is sick of it.  Which is why...

No go on and ignore me, live in your wonderland where there is nothing about CMx2 that should be improved.

Nobody will have to ignore you because you are now BANNED.  This isn't about silencing criticism, because you have nothing useful to contribute.  Droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on about the same things every single time you post in threads that have NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR DRIVEL is not constructive criticism.  It is Trolling, pure and simple.  And Trolling is against the Forum rules you agreed to.  I also can't count how many times you've been warned, not to mention a temporary ban at one point.

The game will continue to improve with or without you, but the Forum certainly will improve without you.

Steve

P.S.  Wiggum15 changed his name a couple of times in the last few days as part of his Trollish behavior.  I have, therefore, changed his name back to what it originally was (Wiggum15) so there will be no confusion.

Edited by Battlefront.com

As a moderator I am very, very sensitive to the claim of "censorship" because I absolutely am opposed to it.  I think we've all seen Forums where the moderators do censor legitimate concerns/questions as well as Forums that do not censor anything at all ("Wild West").  I don't know why anybody would want to visit either type of Forum!  That means I have to tread the rough waters between both extremes by giving a problematic poster (like Wiggum15) ample opportunities to straighten out and behave according to the rather simple rules for keeping these Forums from becoming a horrible place to experience. 

Wiggum15 wasn't banned because I'm trigger happy, he survived this long because I am not.  I err on the side of patience.  But in the end, he made a clear and conscious decision to deliberately be a Troll.  He will not be missed.  On the contrary... :)

Steve

Bravo, bravo.

Yep.  Can't say he wasn't asking for it.  It was clear as day that he was deliberately being provocative and trying to distract/disrupt (ie. the SOP of the bored troll.)  He was trying to either get this thread locked or to see how far he could push things until the ban-hammer came down.  And when he learned people were ignoring him, he changed his screen-name in an attempt to get around that.  Straight-up trolling.

He spent the last two days here instantly pouncing on any reply to his trollbait.  Hell of a way to spend Christmas, but a troll's gotta troll especially one that had WAY too much time on his hands.

And now we have to wait and see under what guise he will return to us as because most likely he'll pull a Steiner14 and keep popping back on here with different handles until he finally gets bored or grows-up.

He "Wiggum15" started that "new features thread" and got it locked and then came to the Christmas bones thread and he was obviously trying to

get it locked to. I personally dislike the label "troll" but in his case he clearly met the criteria to earn that distasteful name. The forum will be a lot more fun to read and

share ideas without that persons strife stirring. Cmx2 is a REALLY good game and the bones shared make me more excited about the new title CMFB. Thank you

Battlefront for always giving us something to look forward to.

I am happy to hear about French and French Colonials for CMFI as well as Commonwealth Indians. Did all Indian troops wear the turban or just Sikh troops?

IIRC, Sikh troops were allowed a dispensation not to wear a helmet in combat, due to their religious beliefs. Thus, not all Sikhs would necessarily wear one (although most did), but I do not believe other Indian/sub continent troops did. 

I have heard it said that the turban provides adequate head protection for minor knocks and bangs. It is probably less good vs a bullet, but the battle bowler would only keep spend rounds out and ricochets. so for all practical issues I think it is about the same...

I assumed that was Steiner again...glad he was banned. Slick, though...he "moved" from Germany to Orange County in about a day....

Thanks again for the Christmas bone, Chris.  Lots of good stuff.

He was probably using some kind of proxy software. It lets you pretend to be from another place, temporarily. But people like that have certain patterns that give them away.

Although there were various similarities between Wiggum15 and Steiner, it was never proved conclusively they are the same person even if suspected.  Now, if Wiggum15 had said that if got our artistic inspiration from Hitler then I think it would be pretty obvious they were one in the same :D

OK, let's get this back on topic now.

Steve