2015 Christmas Bones

That's fair, but what's the alternative? I don't remember verbatim but for a variety of reasons moving to Steam would be bad for business.

Better to delay a release slightly by running your own website than have revenue cut. If Battlefront was on Steam right now they'd be part of the Chinese New Year Sale. I'd rather wait for them to handle this issue on their own.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fair, but what's the alternative? I don't remember verbatim but for a variety of reasons moving to Steam would be bad for business.

Better to delay a release slightly by running your own website than have revenue cut. If Battlefront was on Steam right now they'd be part of the Chinese New Year Sale. I'd rather wait for them to handle this issue on their own.

They would not be part of the sale unless they chose to be, Steam doesn't force companies to discount there games...

Edited by Raptorx7

Mate, the Steam topic has been done 9000 times, there are people here that love it like myself, and people here that hate it, but no amount of arguing with them will put sense into anyone - believe me, lord have I tried.

I'm not sure there are many who 'hate' steam.  I have steam and I have several games on steam, one of which I'll play as soon as I'm finished with this post.  I think the better distinction would be that there are maybe a few who hate Steam, many who like Steam, and many who like Steam but accept BFC's choice to not use Steam as a business decision that they are in the best position to make.  It is possible to like games on Steam and yet still accept BFC's decision to not use it.  The two positions are not at odds with each other unless someone wants to deliberately make it an issue.

Mate, the Steam topic has been done 9000 times, there are people here that love it like myself, and people here that hate it, but no amount of arguing with them will put sense into anyone - believe me, lord have I tried.

"put sense into anyone"

Flamebaiting much?

I'd put myself into the 3rd camp ASL Veteran wrote:

"who like Steam but accept BFC's choice to not use Steam as a business decision that they are in the best position to make."

And we better not glide futher into the issue unless we want the thread locked to prevent a new flamewar.

"put sense into anyone"

Flamebaiting much?

Indeed, which is why that guy is on my ignore list. That way i don't accidentally respond to his false arguments as @ASL Veteran pointed out above. 

Oops that sounds like a dig at you guys and it is not meant to be. We know who is out of bounds and I am in alignment with calling people out for making false, misleading, poorly thought out statements or arguments. I have just given up on a few of them around here.

Sigh!

While some folks are adding to the wish list perhaps some form of module could be written so that any weapon from from any of the games (the WWII ones) could be interchangeable.  For example just for fun Pershing's  or  King Tigers in CMBN, some Jumbos in Market Garden etc.  I enjoy the authenticity but every once and awhile it would be fun just to play what if.  

So, another week? Another month? A short update would be highly appreciated.

I'd curse, but that wouldn't be family friendly!  The backend has a nasty habit of enabling stuff when messing around with edits.  It's kinda like a hyped up golden retriever who thinks that just because you're going near the door that it is time for a ride AND it involves taking the dog too.  Doh :)

We'll have things polished and available for you guys very soon, but not this weekend so don't start in with another Night of the Refresh Monkeys (for you old timers, you know what I'm talking about!).

Steve

I think that we are nearing the stage when another "Bone" should be thrown in our direction.

Yes, another Bone would be good... at the very least some kind of communication is better than none.   Simple as... say people expect pre-order's or actual sales in 2 weeks or mid March... would be better than silence.  Although I will be grateful, and am of their devoted work.