2015 Christmas Bones

when i do get around to painting stuff in it the reason for the smile will be clear. helmet is defiantly wrong and was more or less a placeholder. i'm just getting over that fever and for some reason i forgot to redraw it to fit the profile of a netted tommy pot. (which is why its a placeholder, that netting would need to be painted on, not drawn on) i could not find any photos of Gurkhas wearing the slouch in an enviroment that looked to be continental Europe the slouch only appeared in photos with the khaki Shorts Uniform. but if you can give me a good piece of evidence i would prefer a slouch, and i have to redraw it anyways.

The only location on Continental Europe that I am familiar with Gurkha service was Italy, though others may have escaped my notice. Googling images turned up mostly Burma and North Africa. In combat in the Mediterranean area they seem to have largely used the "Tortoise" helmet, although early war images turned up the slouch quite a bit. So far I haven't turned up anything in Northwest Europe.

Michael

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someon send manual for cm final blitzkrieg in PDF to my e-mail pdolny1@wp.pl I don't know why i can't download it.

Could be the ip block BF have for some countrys/Ip ranges iirc. They had some trouble that forced them to take that action  some years ago.

My sixth sense is telling me the scenario pack is coming out today (that was always planned before CMFB) :ph34r:

It will definitely not be coming out today, or in the next few days. We need the new website and store in action first! This is our main effort at the moment.

It will definitely not be coming out today, or in the next few days. We need the new website and store in action first! This is our main effort at the moment.

ohhh great!!! I love running IT projects that take a big bang approach.

;)

Hope it goes OK, and take your time.

Good luck.

I'm looking forward to this coming out as well.  

That being said when the next CM update is being made could we add an addition to the KIA , WIA bean counter to include artillery and aircraft?  At the end of a battle I'd like to know how effective an artillery strike was and how many tanks and infantry were taken out by aircraft?

I'm looking forward to this coming out as well.  

That being said when the next CM update is being made could we add an addition to the KIA , WIA bean counter to include artillery and aircraft?  At the end of a battle I'd like to know how effective an artillery strike was and how many tanks and infantry were taken out by aircraft?

That would be nice!

The question would be how to do it, as presently you must select the unit, I think in the victory screen and mSo view you can't access off map units. At least, I've never tried. 

Edited by Bud_B

Obviously this means that the secret plan of surprising everyone by announcing CMGP (Guadalcanal to the Philippines) on Monday is still a go.

Obviously this means that the secret plan of surprising everyone by announcing CMGP (Guadalcanal to the Philippines) on Monday is still a go.

Man don't even joke about that.  Been reading Victory Fever on Guadalcanal: Japan's First Land Defeat of World War II and would love to be able to do a Guadalcanal campaign,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PMRXHBK?keywords=victory fever&qid=1452980879&ref_=sr_1_1&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

Personally the features I look forward most are the ui changes. Although I've grown used to the current interface, I still find it very tedious to give orders or check LOS. Anything that improves the game in this regard is a big win in my book.

For example the ability to see the path a unit will take under normal circumstances or the reason why LOS is blocked would make game me enjoyable for me. Now it's all down to experience. If I had feedback on what path will be followed for example, I would only need to adjust those paths I think are suboptimal instead of having to make sure every path is ok by placing too many way points. My two cents ☺

Amen to that...

And to top it off, a follow-the-leader-command, please.

Edited by McAuliffe

Generally patches do not introduce this sort of thing, but for sure at some point it will get into Normandy.  Whether it is part of a larger Upgrade or slipped in I do not know yet.

Steve

If I remember correctly, footpaths first came with CMMG and were later added to CMFI as well in a patch, so I thought it might be applicable to streams as well.

• 2 weeks later...

5. After Final Blitzkrieg is out early next year, our plan is to spend 2016+ expanding our current titles with more modules and packs. The following are closest in the pipeline:

• Fortress Italy module: this is the next big thing coming, and work has already begun on it. See #5 below for details!
  • Red Thunder module: winter combat on the East Front...
  • Black Sea module: think Marines, Naval Infantry, and VDV, among other new forces. And new high-tech toys. I want to really flesh out American, Ukrainian, and Russian forces/equipment on all levels before moving on to new nationalities.
  • More Battle Packs.

Are more vehicle packs planned for 2016?This says battle packs.

Are more vehicle packs planned for 2016?This says battle packs.

Perhaps the postponed release of CMFB shows us that we shouldn't get our hopes up too high with regard to new releases for 2016. Personally I would be very surprised if we would see both the Italy and the CMRT module this year. Let alone other modules and packs.

According to BF the delay is not so much caused by development problems of the new content, but by the new store front.

Yes, if I was a small business owner, it would be killing me to have products ready to sell but be prevented from collecting the revenue due to infrastructure issues like a website or an ecommerce store. It is easy to say that these things are easy to get rolling (after all, how many companies offer "free" stores) but the reality is that you get what you pay for and free rarely cuts it.  This is even more true for a software company that delivers digital good because it has to deal with licensing, too.  As I said, if I were Steve, this would be killing me.