Need a BS GAME PLEEEEEAAASSSEE

Sublime

That is a bit odd. I suspect that may be largely by making the same mistake I made my first attempt - not reading the briefing. The initial assault by the Germans is critical. You need to get established on the beginning objectives to allow your follow on forces to concentrate on the next layers of the defense. Failure to do so makes it much harder for your follow on forces to get into position. You only get so much smoke.  Overall I felt I had more than enough forces to do the job and plenty of time. 

The German left flank is also critical. By pushing down that flank you dislocate the allied defense and eventually create an avenue for German armor to move down without going through the choke point at the 5 sided field. Personally I think the German margin of error is greater assuming the initial objectives are achieved. I think you did as well as the allies can do at preventing that, but the cost was so high as to make the later phases of the fight really difficult for the allies.  If the allies lose too much infantry in the initial fight, the German reinforcements just overwhelm the survivors.  Once I am home and can respond to the last turn you'll have a better idea  I have a couple infantry companies still breaking down on you  The second one may get in late as it has a long way to travel, but it is coming  

I am real curious to see the actual allied force now that we are done as my impressions are all based on only partial knowledge of what it consists of. 

That is a bit odd. I suspect that may be largely by making the same mistake I made my first attempt - not reading the briefing. The initial assault by the Germans is critical. You need to get established on the beginning objectives to allow your follow on forces to concentrate on the next layers of the defense. Failure to do so makes it much harder for your follow on forces to get into position. You only get so much smoke.  Overall I felt I had more than enough forces to do the job and plenty of time. 

The German left flank is also critical. By pushing down that flank you dislocate the allied defense and eventually create an avenue for German armor to move down without going through the choke point at the 5 sided field. Personally I think the German margin of error is greater assuming the initial objectives are achieved. I think you did as well as the allies can do at preventing that, but the cost was so high as to make the later phases of the fight really difficult for the allies.  If the allies lose too much infantry in the initial fight, the German reinforcements just overwhelm the survivors.  Once I am home and can respond to the last turn you'll have a better idea  I have a couple infantry companies still breaking down on you  The second one may get in late as it has a long way to travel, but it is coming  

I am real curious to see the actual allied force now that we are done as my impressions are all based on only partial knowledge of what it consists of. 

You sure you're in the right forum?:)

• 3 weeks later...

sburke -

I agree the initial defense is absolutely critical and where I screwed the pooch.  Luck also played a heavy factor.  Towards the end when you did your tank thunder run on your right I had an ATG right up to the hedge that I had neglected to ensure had proper LoS.  So It actually for whatever reason couldnt 'see' through the hedge it was deployed against. While it wouldnt have won the battle I think you would have lost a few tanks to that gun otherwise.

I was too free with my arty too early, and I lazily kept my men in the scenario designers positions.  I think instead I should have moved certain elements around, with a picket line of OPs and FOs, and once you were drawn in more towards the more compartmentalized middle of map used my ATGs to hit your panzers.

Or simply won the fight at the very front lines. I did that in the past as the Brits.  The battle went the complete opposite way as it did with us.  I  never even saw my reinforcements I decimated the Germans so badly.   You were able to cunningly get your infantry VERY close to my hedgeline defenses in the front, and engage my men and ATGs in close combat which was just bad news for me.    Ironic because early in the battle a PIAT ko'd a MK IV with a long distance shot and I had a confident feeling I'd crush you. Wrong.