New Gameplay features ?

This isn't about Wiggum, although on the first page of this thread, some people are derogatory to Wiggum, before he got into the tantrum, the OP and his first replies are quite civil. It just struck me as mean.

Wiggum has a history here of not listening to reason, hence the replies he received on page 1.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction, Wiggum has a history of speaking his mind and not giving a damn about what nobility thinks.

If someone constantly speaks his mind that the world is flat, the Universe revolves around the Earth, and Justin Bieber is the greatest performer of all History... what value does this add to the Forum?  Especially when people challenge him on his "facts" and he refuses to listen?  Not to mention being rude and disrespectful of anybody else who holds a different opinion?  And what value do people, like yourself, add who blindly defend such positions because they go against the grain?

I find it endlessly depressing that the people most vocal about defending the opinions of others are the most responsible for trashing other people's opinions through vilification and generalization.  And being rather nasty in the process.  Yet I tolerate it exactly because I do not inherently believe that opinions, even incredibly rude or flawed ones, should be suppressed.  Which is why the never ending claims that freedom of expression on this Forum is suppressed is never supported in fact.  What is true is that a few very angry, narrow minded people aren't able to sway the majority to think like they do no matter how many times we allow them to spout off. 

The bottomline is as I have said already.  Battlefront is a game company.  For it to survive it must make games that people wish to buy.  Not every person on the planet, not all wargamers, not even all CM fans.  Just the minimum number necessary to pay our bills and keep development continuing.  There are billions of people out there who have no interest or means of purchasing the games we make.  We are not going to weep in our Cheerios if there's another half dozen added to that amount.  Or even a dozen, or even two dozen.  Obviously at some point if we aren't giving enough people enough of what they want then we will suffer for it.  Which is why we do listen and that, in turn, is why we have been around for longer than most wargame companies ever have.

And with that, I'm closing this thread since there's no point in it continuing.

Steve

Edited by Battlefront.com