The TO&E Armor List Must Be Huge

How different is the Panzerwerfer TO/ammo load to a normal half-track-towed Nebelwerfer battery? I doubt we'll ever see Xylophone or Panzerwerfer on the tactical battlefield, so they're doomed only ever to be represented by offmap support modules. If the SP version just carries the same number of rounds as the towed version, it's not really going to be worth differentiating between them.

The Panzerwerfer auf sWs carried some interesting goodies in it for local defense. One was Panzerschreck, and I'm pretty sure there was an MG-42. There was definitely barbed wire. I think it's in Bellona Handbook No. 2: German Army Semi-tracked Vehicles 1939-45 Part 3. M. Schuetzenpanzerwagen Sd.Kfz 251 by Doyle and Chamberlain. If it's not that one, it's another by them on German halftracks. Been many years since I saw it last, but I distinctly recall a table which listed standard equipment for each armored halftrack. I hope there's not an issue with having that hyperlink. I tried to disable it, but even deleting the URL didn't work.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 5 years later...