The TO&E Armor List Must Be Huge

The TO&E List Must be huge, why? Well for the American side every vehicle that was used in the beginning of the war is still being used plus the entrance of the chafee, jackson,

m4a3e2(Jumbo Sherman) hellcat, Easy 8 and more. Patton arrives in the operation with some heavy stuff as well finally. Not sure what KG Peiper has..

I have the strategy game Close Combat: Wact Am Rhein from Matrix and lists all vehicles and half-tracks from both sides used pretty accurately in the bulge theater.

Edited by user1000

I do believe some stuff did get dumped. Mostly German. Let me think.

Most of the exotic (CMBN modules) German armor on French chasses got left behind at Falaise. No more Porsche turret KTs, no more PzIV G models, no more 'letterbox' bow mg Panthers. Steve was even of a mind to delete all Panther A models entirely! GASP! I tried to argue against it but every Bulge and late war picture book I found had nothing but page-after-page of Panther G models. I was flabbergasted. Panther A finally did get saved mostly because it was already textured, but A model is deemphasized in the TO&E.

Yup, lots of stuff people are used to having aren't there any more.  But, of course, there's new stuff.  Flame spewing Hetzers, Jagdtiger, M24 Chaffee, more Jumbo models, etc. are all present and accounted for.

There's some stuff that the Germans and Americans aren't getting quite yet.  Some stuff that was theoretically available in this time period was either still in the pipeline (mostly Allies having problems getting stuff to the front) or were on a different front during this time.  Remember, some of the rare vehicles that the Germans had were highly unit specific and if the unit wasn't in the West at this time, it's not in the game yet.  The SPW 234/4 comes to mind.  It was in action January 1945, just not against the US and therefore it will come out later.

Steve

I do believe some stuff did get dumped. Mostly German. Let me think.

Most of the exotic (CMBN modules) German armor on French chasses got left behind at Falaise. No more Porsche turret KTs, no more PzIV G models, no more 'letterbox' bow mg Panthers. Steve was even of a mind to delete all Panther A models entirely! GASP! I tried to argue against it but every Bulge and late war picture book I found had nothing but page-after-page of Panther G models. I was flabbergasted. Panther A finally did get saved mostly because it was already textured, but A model is deemphasized in the TO&E.

If CM:FB is from Oct 44'-Jan 45', then there might still be a fair amount of Panther A Models in Oct-Nov.

Joe

Here is the stuff I can think of for Axis, that was in fact in the bulge.

Half-Tracks
All of the Sdkfzs you could imagine.. There were tons of models made from ones with cannons and rockets to flame throwers.

Tanks
stugg iii g
panzer iv J,G,H
grille
panther G
jagdpanzer38(t)
panzer iv/70
stuh 42
jagdpanther

Cannons

leIG18 inf Gun AT Gun
pak 75/40 AT Gun
pak 43 (88) AT Gun

Edited by user1000

Here is my last vehicle art tracking list:

M15A1
M16
M20
M8 (early)
M8 (mid)
M21
M2A1
M3
M3 (.50cal)
M3 (x2 MMG)
M3A1
M3A1 (x2 MMG)
M4A1
M12 GMC
M7B1 Priest
M8 HMC
M24 Chaffee
M4 Sherman Crab
M4(105) (mid)
M4(75) (late)
M4A1(75) (late)
M4A1(76)W (early)
M4A3(105) (early)
M4A3(105) (mid)
M4A3(75)
M4A3(75)W (early)
M4A3(75)W (mid)
M4A3(75)W (mid) (flame)
M4A3(76)W (early)
M4A3E2(75) (flame) Jumbo
M4A3E2(75) Jumbo
M4A3E2(76) Jumbo
M4A3E8(105) (late) HVSS
M4A3E8(76)W HVSS
M4E8(105) (late) HVSS
M5A1 (late)
M10 GMC
M10 GMC (late)
M18 GMC
M36 GMC
M36B1 GMC
GMC CCKW 2.5 ton truck
Jeep
Jeep (.50 cal)
Jeep (MMG)
Jeep (radio)
Flakpanzer 38(t)
Mobelwagon
Sdkfz 10/5
Sdkfz 7/1
Sdkfz 7/2
Wirbelwind
PSW 222
PSW 223
PSW 231
PSW 233
PSW 234/1
PSW 234/2 Puma
PSW 234/3
SPW 250/1 Alt
SPW 250/1 Neu
SPW 250/10 Alt
SPW 250/10 Neu
SPW 250/3 Alt
SPW 250/3 Neu
SPW 250/7 Alt
SPW 250/7 Neu
SPW 250/9 Alt
SPW 250/9 Neu
SPW 251/1 Ausf. C
SPW 251/1 Ausf. D
SPW 251/2 Ausf. C
SPW 251/2 Ausf. D
SPW 251/10 Ausf. C
SPW 251/10 Ausf. D
SPW 251/16 Ausf. D
SPW 251/17 Ausf. D
SPW 251/21 Ausf. D
SPW 251/3 Ausf. C
SPW 251/3 Ausf. D
SPW 251/7 Ausf. C
SPW 251/7 Ausf. D
SPW 251/9 Ausf. C
SPW 251/9 Ausf. D
Brummbar (late)
Brummbar (mid)
StuG IIIG (early)
StuG IIIG (late)
StuG IIIG (latest)
StuG IIIG (mid)
StuH 42 (early)
StuH 42 (late)
StuH 42 (latest)
StuH 42 (mid)
Sturmtiger
Wespe 
Hummel
Grille (early)
Panther A (late)
Panther A (mid)
Panther G (early)
Panther G (late)
Panther G (mid)
Pz IV H (early)
Pz IV H (late)
Pz IV J (early)
Pz IV J (late)
PzIIL Lynx
Tiger I (late)
Tiger I (latest)
Tiger I (mid)
Tiger II (Henschell)
Hetzer (flamethrower)
Hetzer (late)
Hetzer
Jagdpanther
Jagdtiger
JPz IV (early)
JPz IV (late)
JPz IV (mid)
JPz IV/70(A)
JPz IV/70(V)
JPz IV/70(V) (late)
Marder I
Marder II
Marder IIIM
Nashorn (late)
Kubelwagon
Protz 70
Opel Blitz

The last Elephants ended the war in the East.  I think they finally expired somewhere in Slovakia although I'm not positive of that.  I can look it up though I guess.

I bet you're right but one of the reasons I'm asking is I have an old Panzerblitz scenario based on Patton's raid on the Hammelberg POW camp that has a reduced armor variant of an Elefant unit. I always wondered if that was remotely accurate.

I believe 4 elephants of the 614th actually survived to fight in the battle for Berlin! Or at least the general Konigswursthausen/Zossen/Berlin areas. None survived, of course. 12 Elephants of the 653rd were still alive at the end of August '44 near Krakow. During the Russian offensive of 12 January '45 all Elephant were lost - either destroyed or breakdowns.

List looks great ChrisND.  Really looking forward to CMFB.  Do we get to see the 20mm version of the 251/21 and the later version of the 251/9 Stummel with the 75mm mounted on the roof?   There's photo evidence of both of those during the Bulge.

Looking forward to the Schwimmwagen in the future module.  ;-)

I bet you're right but one of the reasons I'm asking is I have an old Panzerblitz scenario based on Patton's raid on the Hammelberg POW camp that has a reduced armor variant of an Elefant unit. I always wondered if that was remotely accurate.

I don't even know what a reduced armor Elefant variant would be. :unsure:

Heh, yeah a Nashorn would be a no armor Elefant allright.. The unit in the scenario definitely says Ferdinand. Its in Avalon Hill General Volume 31 issue 6. I'm thinking some one with a handle of ASL veteran may have the issue as its the ASL Kampfgruppe Peiper Issue. It could just be some fantasy element added by the scenario designer.

Heh, yeah a Nashorn would be a no armor Elefant allright.. The unit in the scenario definitely says Ferdinand. Its in Avalon Hill General Volume 31 issue 6. I'm thinking some one with a handle of ASL veteran may have the issue as its the ASL Kampfgruppe Peiper Issue. It could just be some fantasy element added by the scenario designer.

;) Oddly enough I only bought the original game.  It wasn't necessary for me to buy ASL and all the extras because my friend had all of that stuff.  My friend probably would have that issue since he was proud that he had a 'complete' collection and maintained it until very recently.  I was fairly lucky because I had access to several opponents growing up, but alas, that was a long time ago in a state that is now far far away.

Still no Stug IV?

oh yeah those were a thing. maybe if we get a vehicle pack #2 for Normandy since there is still a bunch of junk that was kinda floating around that hasn't been modeled like the wasp, or the small contingent of Free French that was around. but eh, not everything is needed, i would very much like to see a m4a1w with HVSS but eh, its not a nessissary thing.

oh yeah those were a thing. maybe if we get a vehicle pack #2 for Normandy since there is still a bunch of junk that was kinda floating around that hasn't been modeled like the wasp, or the small contingent of Free French that was around. but eh, not everything is needed, i would very much like to see a m4a1w with HVSS but eh, its not a nessissary thing.

No No! We completists need those things! Cobetco, are those illustrations you've been posting your own? They're great.