Some Final Blitzkrieg basic details

Hope I'm not too late to this party (it's been a hell of a year and only now is my life just beginning to get back to "normal"). What I am reading here sounds very good. BFC continues to be an industry leader, for which we may be grateful.

Just in the last few days I've found myself replaying "Task Force Raff" with pleasure and I look forward to the new terrains, organizations, and features this new family offers.

:)

Michael

Welcome back, Michael. Raff is pretty darn good, isn't it? I've replayed it multiple times and still enjoyed each one. I wonder if it's nostalgia as that was the first time I every played any form of CM and it just is such a positive memory. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Wicky. Strange as it may sound, I have missed—somewhat—this crowd of sick puppies and howling baboons.

;)

Michael

For a minute there I thought I was back in the Peng thread.

Welcome back. Your cardboard box in front of House Rune has had an addition.  I bought a new 4K TV and tossed the box out there.  You're welcome.:D

Question for the history buffs (CM Final Blitzkrieg vs CMFI second module vs CMRT winter module)

CMFB will have new forces (Volksgrenadier and Gebirgsjäger), new TO&E and new vehicles.
I expect to find most of these also in the new CMFI and CMRT modules.

From what I remember, there should be Volksgrenadier on the Eastern front, but not in Italy.
Any other German forces, formations, vehicles specific to one front?

P.S. Volkssturm:
Is Battlefront planning to introduce them?

Thank you

I more so wonder what battlefront will do about the child soldiers then, are they going to tip toe around that (which i'd be ok with, its a really uncomfortable thing to portray) or actually have them in the final month or so of the war?

fuhrerbunker (15).jpg

Edited by Cobetco

Question for the history buffs (CM Final Blitzkrieg vs CMFI second module vs CMRT winter module)

CMFB will have new forces (Volksgrenadier and Gebirgsjäger), new TO&E and new vehicles.
I expect to find most of these also in the new CMFI and CMRT modules.

From what I remember, there should be Volksgrenadier on the Eastern front, but not in Italy.
Any other German forces, formations, vehicles specific to one front?

P.S. Volkssturm:
Is Battlefront planning to introduce them?

Thank you

I think German cavalry was limited to the Ostfront once that campaign started. I know they were still around in '42 but I'm not sure about after that.

I think German cavalry was limited to the Ostfront once that campaign started. I know they were still around in '42 but I'm not sure about after that.

There were German cavalry formations on the Eastern Front in 1944.  They had a brigade or two from what I recall.  There was also an SS Fallshirmjager battalion in the east too.

There were German cavalry formations on the Eastern Front in 1944.  They had a brigade or two from what I recall.  There was also an SS Fallshirmjager battalion in the east too.

Interesting thing about the equipment of the SS-FJG:

8jtu-gm-4692.jpg

gr-Falschirmj%E4ger-SS-8.jpg

They were apparently issued with the MKB42(H) prototype version of the StG44, which is pretty rare to get pictures of.

Indeed, two of the German units encircled in Budapest were Cavalry Divisions: 8th SS Cavalry Division 'Florian Geyer' and 
22nd SS Cavalry Division 'Maria Theresa'.

Ah yes, I was only thinking of regular army cavalry units, but there were indeed a couple of SS cavalry divisions as well.  There were also a few Hungarian cavalry divisions too.  I'm just glad that we were finally able to get the Soviet cavalry formations in CMRT even if they are dismounted.  At least we can include them in battles now without their mounts.  Nothing involving cavalry made it into CMBB.

Hope I'm not too late to this party (it's been a hell of a year and only now is my life just beginning to get back to "normal"). What I am reading here sounds very good. BFC continues to be an industry leader, for which we may be grateful.

Just in the last few days I've found myself replaying "Task Force Raff" with pleasure and I look forward to the new terrains, organizations, and features this new family offers.

:)

Michael

Michael Effin' Emrys.  Don't remember what the thread was but those who picked Emrys's return before Bulge won.  Welcome Back, Michael.

Someone had a pool going to guess if you would make it back before bulge was released. I thought it was a bit gouche (sp?). 

That someone would be me. Looks like the Emrys vs Bulge thread has taken on a life of its own. Talk about having "bigger fish to fry".

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/121076-bfc-office-pool-which-will-appear-first-the-savior-or-the-bulge/

(BTW, I'm nothing if not "gauche", Ian. Come on, Buddy. As a fellow Canadian, you had to have taken at least a couple of years of French. Or were you away that day?)