CM Final Blitzkrieg - AXIS (Attack) BETA Battle Report

Question??? Can I start a thread for forum discussion of your battle knowing both sides?

With spoilers- can you guys be gentlemen, agree and trust not to peak??? :) I understand if you prefer not. I will ask Allies too.

I don't see why not - we already have to not peek at each other's threads :)

Just please label it with Spoiler or sumfink like that so it's easy to spot when you're about to click on the "Next unread topic".
Cheers

I don't see why not - we already have to not peek at each other's threads :)

Just please label it with Spoiler or sumfink like that so it's easy to spot when you're about to click on the "Next unread topic".
Cheers

Ha, doh, why didn't I think of that. Hey best to ask though.

I'll add, that I like your force pick. By the way overall have you found that you miss the MGs in squads or do the changed close in fire power more than make up for it?

By the way overall have you found that you miss the MGs in squads or do the changed close in fire power more than make up for it?

It remains to be seen. I've only used Sturmgrenadiers once before and I think that game was abandoned ( as in, my opponent outmanoeuvred me so well, I surrendered before much combat took place :lol: )

Sorry, should have made that clearer.

The Volksgrenadiers are an Infantry formation, which partly drove my purchase of the Mechanised Panzergrenadier Battalion - to get transport vehicles plus ammo for them.
( although the map is so open, I'm not sure the vehicles will be doing much transporting ).

Edited by Baneman

I bet there´s some Volksgrenadier SP AT gun (Hetzer or Stug) company amongst new OOB in CMFB. These would be part of a Volksgrenadier Division normally, although germans never had enough Hetzers and such, to make it work. Anyway, germans most the time used mixed combat formations, so mating Volksgrenadiers with some Panthers is a good and realistic choice. Btw, how many grenadier tank riders fit on the Panthers? My guess would be 12 or so.

It remains to be seen. I've only used Sturmgrenadiers once before and I think that game was abandoned ( as in, my opponent outmanoeuvred me so well, I surrendered before much combat took place :lol: )

Well some open spaces on this map to see how they fair past 100m

By the way- how long is this Battle set for? 60 Turns?

Baneman, wow, what a courageous act going against the master of the art. Hope you've studied Bill's tactical content on his blog to have any chance of success! ;)

Sorry to say but not nearly enough armor to be able to beat Bill. When he pics off the little amount of tanks you have it's practically game over for you regardless of all your grunts. :( 

Good luck and let the games begin! :D

I bet there´s some Volksgrenadier SP AT gun (Hetzer or Stug) company amongst new OOB in CMFB. These would be part of a Volksgrenadier Division normally, although germans never had enough Hetzers and such, to make it work. Anyway, germans most the time used mixed combat formations, so mating Volksgrenadiers with some Panthers is a good and realistic choice.

RockinHarry,

attaching single tanks as infantry support in an attack AFAIK is strongly against German doctrine. Using single Jagdtigers that way I think even was explicitly forbidden.

Edited by CarlWAW

RockinHarry,

attaching single tanks as infantry support in an attack AFAIK is strongly against German doctrine. Using single Jagdtigers that way I think even was explicitly forbidden.

Yeah, good observation. I thought about that too. But I ultimately concluded that, since the battle sizes in the game are so comparatively small, there's really no other way to simulate how armor and infantry would mutually support each other. (Or does anyone here see a better way to accomplish that, using different formations and/or organization schemes?)

Either way, what Baneman has selected is definitely not too far out of bounds for an interesting and entertaining battle -- one that's appropriately demonstrative of some of this great new CMFB equipment, which is one of this battle's primary purposes, as far as I can tell.

I'm really looking forward to this DAR. (It's the first one I'll get to follow as the action unfolds. Yahoo!)

Anyway, good luck to both Baneman and Bill, and thanks for taking the time to do this.

Edited by sttp
clarification

Good stuff, I hate feeling time pressured to rush in scenarios.

Me too!

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but... I'll often nudge the scenario time up by a few minutes, save that version as a copy, and play that one instead of the original. (Unless the scenario time limit is explicitly mentioned in the briefing as a fundamental part of the mission, then I wouldn't, obviously.)

But the extended time often makes it more fun and relaxing for me, and... well... it's my damn game, so I'll use it however I want! :lol::D

Me too!

Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone, but... I'll often nudge the scenario time up by a few minutes, save that version as a copy, and play that one instead of the original. ....

But the extended time often makes it more fun and relaxing for me, and... well... it's my damn game, so I'll use it however I want! :lol::D

Damn right. Gives time for spotting. But what I really like is time for more nuanced tactics.