Rundstedt Sends His Best - a CMFB Comic AAR

'Gaw-damn, how da heck do ya use this thing again?" muttered the crewman fumbling with his sidearm, as the German hordes bore down on the village....

KAA-Zing!!! The ricochet off the nearby tank hastened his frustration...

(see what I did there @Bud_B ???)  :P

Edited by gnarly

'Gaw-damn, how da heck do ya use this thing again?" muttered the crewman fumbling with his sidearm, as the German hordes bore down on the village....

KAA-Zing!!! The ricochet off the nearby tank hastened his frustration...

(see what I did there @Bud_B ???)  :P

Not to worry, I made the Kaa-Ziinng! onomatopoeia some time ago right after you asked for it. I have a specific place in mind for its use. Just for you, my dear chap! :D

Edited by Bud_B

Not to worry, I made the Kaa-Ziinng! onomatopoeia some time ago right after you asked for it. I have a specific place in mind for its use. Just for you, my dear chap! :D

Thanks! I was trying to be :ph34r: in my reminder...  ;D

Edited by gnarly

I was about to say, it does seem like that German platoon is being wasted.

How much time is left on the clock? 

Sorry, SLIM, I was going to answer this earlier and then forgot. As of the start of the upcoming segment, covered in the chapter titled "Man of the Hour" we are exploring just what happened between 6:30 - 6:00 left on the clock. So, 23:30-24:00 into the game. Mind you, there is some overlap with what I just posted. I'd be hopping back and forth from one part of the battle to the other with every frame if I did it truly chronologically, and it would be very confusing for a reader. 

Edited by Bud_B

Bud_B,

Exciting stuff! Am I seeing the M24's TC conducting dismounted recon? If so, cool, but not just because of the snow. I would not want to be on the receiving end of that M16 GMC. Ack! Did you like the Chaffee video?

Regards,

John Kettler

Hi John, 

did watch the Chaffee video, thanks! What a fantastic restoration, and a rather cute little tank. I love the German Lynx, but I think if I had to take bets on survivability and practicality, my money would be on the M24. 

The battered gent you see on the ground in my latest panel is not from the Chaffee at all! He is the bow gunner and sole survivor from the unfortunate Easy-8 which met its demise early in the battle. He's been hiding at the back of the woods ever since, but is about to play a prominent role.

Bud,

We are anxiously awaiting the story.  It is always amazing to me how these pixeltruppen act under fire, doing some incredibly brave things...or cowering in the snow. 

It takes me a while to run turns because I don't want to miss any of the little details that make this such a cool experience.

We did have some high hopes for Tony.  Too bad he is being patched up.  We need a name to go with the bow gunner.

Heinrich505

OH, SO VERY GOOD.

I always love a story with a hero in it.

I have them in my games also, problem is, most of them die.

Heroes are amazing when they arise. But that's just it, they arise out of the action, one unit or man that is exceptional. We can't decide that someone is a hero, unless we stack the deck and give him superlative experience, morale, etc (none of which happened here, in fact my force is on the low end of the curve because they represent a unit shattered in a previous battle). This is what I think is one of the insufficiently acknowledged positive features of CM games; that units do totally asinine things, as well as Alamo-like fights to the death against insane odds. Both are representative of what has happened at various times and places in real battles. That I cannot with certainty predict their behaviour is a good thing, in my view. :)

Edited by Bud_B

Bud,

We are anxiously awaiting the story.  It is always amazing to me how these pixeltruppen act under fire, doing some incredibly brave things...or cowering in the snow. 

It takes me a while to run turns because I don't want to miss any of the little details that make this such a cool experience.

We did have some high hopes for Tony.  Too bad he is being patched up.  We need a name to go with the bow gunner.

Heinrich505

Your time watching and re-watching the turns is well-spent, my friend; you always find something truly spectacular to share with us. :)

The bow gunner's name is Cliff. ;)

Bud,

Very nice angle, the lone survivor of a tank helping his brethren find targets.  Cliff is obviously burning with vengeance and looking to avenge the death of his crew.

Now the question is whether or not the 37mm gun will win out against the Chaffee.  Edge of the seat time, I guess.  :o

Heinrich505

The 37mm at this range should be able to penetrate >30mm armour. 

The Chaffee's thickest armour is 25mm.

A hold-your-breath moment...