Rundstedt Sends His Best - a CMFB Comic AAR

Bud,

Crazy action.  I think someone was sleeping and not guarding the floodgates...that have now been thrown open as a veritable horde of enemy halftracks and troops pour across the ridge.  Probably was Tony...:huh:

Great action shots.  I'm not sure but the Chaffee might be in the right position to light up a bunch of those halftracks on the ridge.

Oh, yes, and as Gnarly said, No Pressure, haha.  With the conclusion of Bil and Baneman's AAR, we are ALL coming here for our fix.

I know what you mean about looking at the game action from all different angles to catch just the right one that makes your dramatic point.  I've spent lots of time looking at the screen capture from every angle and sometimes re-running it to see if I could catch a better shot maybe half a second before the one I had.  There are so many varied and different ways to enjoy this game.

So much CM goodness...yum.  Always looking forward to the next installment.

Heinrich505

I'm not sure but the Chaffee might be in the right position to light up a bunch of those halftracks on the ridge.

Good catch, my fellow story-telling friend. In fact the Chaffee was sent to take out the lone halftrack on the left (west) ends of the ridge, where it had killed two German riflemen earlier. However, as you see above it noticed something juicier...

I know what you mean about looking at the game action from all different angles to catch just the right one that makes your dramatic point.  I've spent lots of time looking at the screen capture from every angle and sometimes re-running it to see if I could catch a better shot maybe half a second before the one I had.  There are so many varied and different ways to enjoy this game.

This is one of the reasons I have well over 700 screenshots thus far, and countless edited versions to top that. What you see in the comic is what indeed happened but sometimes I need to adjust things, or reframe the capture so the right thing stands out to the reader's attention without having a lot of explanatory text. And sometimes a fraction of a second makes the difference between yawn and wow!

Edited by Bud_B

I have to agree. Instead of being stupid, this is actually fun! Possibly because it is tied to CM and not just the product of some boobs decrepit imagination?

Michael

Welcome to the party, Michael! I see they let you off the Monty Python set at last! :D

If this is your first foray into one of my CAARs I understand your trepidation. When I started this I worried it might be seen as a goofy thing. I'm glad you feel it's better than that. :)

What are these guys in the Sturmtigers doing? Playing Skat or eating Erbsensuppe while their support is urgently needed? Even near misses or just kicking up smoke and debris by area fire would be helpful. :wacko:

That is the $64,000 question. Now they are sporadically using their bow MGs. But at this point they must have reloaded and be ready to fire for at least a minute and a half...

Edited by Bud_B

Earlier we were speculating about a gun hit on the Sturm then discounted it when the beast returned and resumed firing. But perhaps that was the second Sturm that had 'returned' and the 1st did indeed receive a gun hit... maybe.  :)

Yes, but that would still leave one of them able to fire. In any case, I think I can answer the mystery, but am waiting for one more turn to go by before I give the "big reveal" hehe. Assuming it confirms my suspicions, we haven't played that yet as I have more screenshots to process....

Edit: I do think you're thinking along the same lines as me, Mikey. :)

Edited by Bud_B

Earlier we were speculating about a gun hit on the Sturm then discounted it when the beast returned and resumed firing. But perhaps that was the second Sturm that had 'returned' and the 1st did indeed receive a gun hit... maybe.  :)

Oh, I agree that possible, it's what I've been pondering for a turn now. Question remains why the second one isn't blasting me.