Custom Game won't function correctly

I was playing a custom built game which has worked before. It will load (sometimes) and be fine, except all the media pics will not show up. When the game is saved, and reloaded, it gives me a directory warning and loads the game without the customization files being applied. Sometimes, the game will do this upon first loading as well. I had Windows 8 when this started. I upgraded to Windows 10 hoping this may fix the problem, but I get the same results. I can email a screen shot of the warning issued when I load the game if asked. It will not let me upload it here. 

Hi Gustophus,

Sounds like it is having a hard time finding the support files... Windows 8/10 and even going back to Vista has created some stricter protocols for programs installed in the Program Files folder.

What you could try is uninstalling and then reinstalling to a folder such as C:\Games\Strategic Command to see if that helps.

You'll have to reapply the custom game as well.

Hubert

• 6 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2015 at 2:55 PM, Hubert Cater said:

Hi Gustophus,

Sounds like it is having a hard time finding the support files... Windows 8/10 and even going back to Vista has created some stricter protocols for programs installed in the Program Files folder.

What you could try is uninstalling and then reinstalling to a folder such as C:\Games\Strategic Command to see if that helps.

You'll have to reapply the custom game as well.

Hubert

Hubert, I have finally applied your advice for this problem. Changing the download to a Games folder didn't fix this issue. In addition, now my bitmaps will  not show up in the custom game either.