new CMRT scenario: cutting the line

sonar

Hi, ok this is my first attempt at a scenario, this is in reply to being challenged to contribute something of my own after having a moan about lack of scenarios.

Company sized mission in built up area. i wasn't sure about victory points, so I'm not certain on how it will award the winner but basically the mission is doable, and the real test is to have your force in reasonable condition to continue the fight. If you burn through your men to attain the goal then you can consider this a fail. one other thing the mission is set for one hour time limit, this was an oversight as i meant to change it to 45min.

Anyway, this is a first go, you can find it in the scenario depot and it'd be nice to hear what is right/wrong about it from the community, hope you enjoy.

Cheers

Edited by sonar

The scenario played played quite well :), the target set captured enemy tanks destroyed. As to the comments it seems that the forces are defending, a little too small and the map could be bigger. Everything went too easy.

Spoiler

This gave me less of blocked streets and departure T-34, the town is unnecessary easy to do with Panzerschreck. The whole attack after cleansing the center went to the right side. The second tank hat met infantry between buildings at the edge of the map for a while it was hot. Destroyed by grenades.

Hi mireKm61. I understand what you're saying. Two quick points 1. i could have spent more time on refining it but this was as much an exercise in just getting a scenario done and posted up. 2. I intentionally did not want make it too hard, and it to be an all or nothing, do or die type mission. It's supposed to be more a typical "day at the office", where the goal is readily attainable and the intention is  really to carry out the mission without decimating your own men in the process. Hope that explains it, and thanks for taking the time to let me know what you thought.

Cheers.

Ok, finally finished this with a German Total Victory.:D

This was a very fun little battle...It was just hard enough but not too hard for the Germans to win...and that map was really fantastic...AND ANNOYING :rolleyes:...a very effective use of rubble piles...really jerked my chain when my StuG couldn't drive where I needed it and ended up driving ALL the way around the town to try and get into firing positions.  Although I won, it was the usually  bloody mess of urban combat...although it was fun to watch T-34s get perforated by Panzerfausts at close range...infantry definitely has an advantage in built up and rubble strewn areas.

For a first scenario I have to give it 2 thumbs up...really nicely done.