A little confused as to the state of the union...

A little backstory may be in order.  I found CM almost exactly a year ago based on a recommendation from a table top miniature game (Flames of War) Facebook group.  Downloaded all of the demos and the next day went all in on the CMBN bundle+3.0.  Love at first sight.   Life got in the way and since as of yesterday I'm now CMx2 complete.  

My quandary is the apparent transition from battlefront.com resources to tFGM and their subsidiaries.  Was looking to stir up some PBEM opponents.  Am I supposed to do that here, or over at tFGM? I've watched all of Chris's streams via youtube and it seems to that BF is still going to have their own repository in place?  Any help is appreciated.  

Moral of the story is I'd love to get some PBEM opponents and although it's super obvious that posting here might garner the results I seek, there is a "New Repository and Opponent Finder!"  

Hello Sprint,

I also use to play Table-Top Miniature Games ( 15mm & Micro-Armor ), but back in the 80's-90's...Still have a small Collection & Gaming Table.

I would be interested in a PBEM Opponents for CMBN, CMFI & CMRT...I prefer Platoon up to Reinforced Company size engagements. I also use Dropbox, and if you have it ( Dropbox.com ) I can send you over Game Files that way. 

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

Hello Sprint,

I also use to play Table-Top Miniature Games ( 15mm & Micro-Armor ), but back in the 80's-90's...Still have a small Collection & Gaming Table.

I would be interested in a PBEM Opponents for CMBN, CMFI & CMRT...I prefer Platoon up to Reinforced Company size engagements. I also use Dropbox, and if you have it ( Dropbox.com ) I can send you over Game Files that way. 

Joe

Any of the above would work for me.  If you have a preference for any or have something in particular you wanted to play lemme know!  Gave me an excuse to set up my dropbox account that I got a bunch of free space for when I bought a laptop a while back.

I haven't gotten away from TT gaming yet.  Lots of work and time but, I still enjoy the social and hobby aspect of that stuff.  Every minute I spend play CM is one I should be working on the mountain of lead in the "to do" pile that grows on a monthly basis.  Someday I'll get caught up :rolleyes: 

I'm thinking of playing one of each Game ( CMBN, CMFI, CMRT ) at Platoon Level all the same time. Basically, once I send you over all three Game Files, you will send me back three new Game Files at about the same time...Once we finish all three Games, then will do the same again, but up it to Company size. 

What is your email addy that you will be using for Dropbox, and will send over an invite and a Folder that will say 'Irish vs your email name'...That Folder will contain three Game Files ( one for each game ) along with a Text Document so that we can communicate on a daily/weekly basis ( instead of Battlefront PM's ).

Yeah, I'm with you on that and will keep my collection of Micro-Armor and might even build-up some 15mm, but not to play FOW (as it's to regimental in game mechanics). If I do decide to get back into Table-Top Gaming, then will probably get a Painting Service to get my Units done as I don't paint anymore (or buy a painted collection). Collected many Gaming Rules over the years, but haven't sat down to actual figure out which ones where the best to use for which scale ('Tractics' was my first Rules). I use to go to a few Gaming Conventions back in the day mainly for WWII & ACW, but it's been years since I been to one...Might finally do so sometimes next year (Historicon, Cold Wars, etc) on the Mid-Atlantic region (VA, MD, OH, PA). 

Edited by JoMc67