Ways to speed up the medic process?

Or rather, are there ways to nudge or "encourage" a wounded soldier's remaining team members to start the medic process more quickly?

I did a forum search on this, but surprisingly didn't have much luck. A few scattered remarks here and there....

Obviously, I put/keep the hopefully medic-ing soldiers into the wounded soldiers' action spot.

That part of the battlefield is now safe, well masked by terrain. I've tried pointing these teammates directly at the wounded (with a FACE command). I've also tried it via cover arc, so that they know their mission right now is to not be shooting.

My remaining squad members really, really need to get those stens and especially the binoculars off of their fallen comrades. But it's been three turns now and they still won't initiate the medic process.

Must the future medics be placed on the exact same action spot their team members were killed or injured from? Because the wounded are in the middle of four, about equidistant from each, and I don't remember precisely which one I had them assigned to back when the bullets were flying....

II don't recall ever seeing any pixeltruppen so hesitant to help (err... pickpocket) their buddies.

Ideas or suggestions?

Must the future medics be placed on the exact same action spot their team members were killed or injured from?

They do. 

Because the wounded are in the middle of four, about equidistant from each, and I don't remember precisely which one I had them assigned to back when the bullets were flying....

I run into this all the time, also with trees I want to take cover behind that are on an action spot border. I just guess and hope for the best. 

Hmmm, it seems to me that the AS that the majority of the body is in is the key...I go by that. Anyway, I usually don't have any trouble when I put  the medic in that square and also Facing him to the casualty.  Also, the time it takes to complete buddy aid once it starts seems to be affected by the motivation and/or experience levels of the medic and the severity of the wound?  I haven't tested it, but better troops seem  to complete the task quicker, and men who have b den lying wounded for a long time seem to take longer to aid.  Can anyone confirm that?

The skill level effects the speed of treatment.  Warrior, elite and Iron take a realistic amount of time according to engine manual v3.01, page 28.

Engine manual v3.01 page 59 also states troops will never perform buddy aid if there is a spotted (healthy) enemy within 100 meters.  I know the opening post said the area was safe, but is it safe out to 100 meters?  If not that may be the problem.  I would also look at the morale and suppression status of the medic troops.   

I also remember some prior conversations about what can and cannot be taken via buddy aid reference weapons.  Somebody else probably knows this answer: Can a Sten be recovered via buddy aid?  I seem to remember people complaining troops would not pick up SMGs but would instead keep their issued rifle....  

@sttp are  the men in question definitely WIA not KIA?

Because looting only and buddy aid with or without looting are slightly different in my experience (apart from the aforementioned speed difference).

Buddy aid is a matter of life and death and therefore is more urgent. Looting is not always a bonus and is less urgent.

I think encumbrance and ammo supply also come into the equation when looting but not when buddy aiding.

If a looter has full ammo and a rifle, they won't necessary pick up a SMG whereas if they are low on rifle ammo they are much more likely to pick it up.

Also heavy weapons can only be picked up by the right heavy weapons team.

I only realized the other day that different armies fighting on the same side can buddy aid and crucially loot each other.

See pic below of an Italian holding a German MG42!

1.jpg

@sttp are  the men in question definitely WIA not KIA?

Because looting only and buddy aid with or without looting are slightly different in my experience (apart from the aforementioned speed difference).

Buddy aid is a matter of life and death and therefore is more urgent. Looting is not always a bonus and is less urgent.

I think encumbrance and ammo supply also come into the equation when looting but not when buddy aiding.

If a looter has full ammo and a rifle, they won't necessary pick up a SMG whereas if they are low on rifle ammo they are much more likely to pick it up.

Also heavy weapons can only be picked up by the right heavy weapons team.

I only realized the other day that different armies fighting on the same side can buddy aid and crucially loot each other....

Yes, it was KIA x2, no wounded.

I ultimately moved the survivors to a different action square, and then they did start grabbing their dead squadmates' equipment. Took about 1.5 turns.

Womble said the action square to use is the one "where that outflung leg or arm is," and that turned out to be true in this case. It sure looked like those KIA's were a bit closer to my original AS, but I guess not.

However... I feel like I've seen squad members move 2 or 3 AS's to help the wounded? Am I mis-remembering that? I guess it could be different for KIA vs. WIA, a crucial distinction that others above have mentioned.

However... I feel like I've seen squad members move 2 or 3 AS's to help the wounded? Am I mis-remembering that? 

Yes, i think you are missremembering.

The problem of not starting aid for soldiers on the border between AS happens from time to time. To solve it what i do is give the team i want to remder aid a slow move order so that it goes over the wounded man. Then give the aid team a 45s pause. That way when the turn ends they will also be in between the AS. In the new turn cancel thier slow move order and they will likely be in the right place to perform aid.

From my experience, a unit on "hide" has more of a delay to get started on buddy aid. Another issue is medic stance, that gets the medic more exposed, visible to the enemy and likely to attract incoming fire to him and his squad/team mates, which gets the medic interrupted more oftenly and start anew, if he can. It´s best to split off a 2 men scout team for doing the medic job, as this small team gets less attention from enemy units.

I recommend to try this one:

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=713

Just posting quickly so didn't read everything above.

If you feel they are not performing aid and they should be it is probably an action square thing. Sometimes I am sure they are in the same square but they do not seem to do anything as they are right at the edge.

A trick I learned (playing we-go) is to give your potential medics a slow command to the action square that will have them cross the wounded/dead but also give them a 0:45s pause. This timing will have them very close to the wounded dead at the start of the next orders phase and at that point you cancel the slow command they are still in the process of performing. They should be closer to the men wounded and at about 55-60s in the next turn they normally do their thing.

You most definitely cannot buddy aid enemy soldiers. At least in CMBN.

Well, I tried uploading the pic but the site's telling me I can only upload 500 and some-odd kbs. Even though the pic is 470.

Anywho, I killed a squad and platoon HQ of Grenadiers and then ordered my American GIs to target the ground until they had zero ammo left. Then I ran them over to the dead Germans. Nothing happened.

No you can't loot enemies, but if you've got "other nations" on your side, you can buddy aid whatever they're carrying (subject to the usual limitations of not swapping rifles for SMGs etc that apply even to same-nation Buddy Aid), so if the designer has Allied and Axis troops on the same side for some reason, an Allied trooper could buddy-aid an MG42 off a German. But the picture shows an Italian trooper holding an MG42, and having Italians and Germans in the same battle on the same side isn't much of a stretch.