CMRT WInter Mod thinktank

Hi Takoda ... You will have a scenario to try that Tiger out in as soon as the mod is available, Might want to read up on Wintergewitter

'43 and the fierce battles to relieve the Cherkassy Pocket '44 to set the mood ...

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, and thanks guys for posting all these amazing screenshots.

In all seriousness, this is actually a great opportunity for scenario authors to start writing winter scenarios using the mod now.

It represents a head start and they should confidently know that even if they scoff at the mod..well, eventually the real deal BFC official module will show in a year or 2.

Their work will be easily adaptable to the module. Just clear the modtag, perhaps revise the map here and there, adjust the weather, the date. Revise purchases but assign the same AI group number to match the AI plan.

Just my humble opinion.

I think doing a 2nd install of CMRT and loading the winter mods to the 2nd install's z folder might be a good idea to solve a few issues.

Your first install could keep all the usual Aris mods that have 7 or 8 turret options and CAN pop back uninvited into the winter mod even though not modtagged [snow].

Any thoughts or opinions on that? I think it is the basic install and activation and then the one patch install. Correct?

This work you guys are doing is looking great kohlenklau. I am still pondering on switching to this mod to use in the campaign I am working on. How many of the terrain files in the editor have been modded? Also has any of the foilage tiles been modded for snow.? To switch now this close to finishing up on the campaign would require a bit of work but what I have seen so far is looking awesome. Once I finish with this campaign I will definately be playing with some scenarios using this mod. As mentioned before I really liked the panther with the tracks and wheels snow modded. This is perfect for this campaign in the early battles where I do have snow terrain. If you guys could mod a tiger (1 and 2) the same way and maybe some stugs and halftracks I may be able to work these in to show case you guys work.

Really? Dang. OK, let me start uploading it to my dropbox and tomorrow I will give a link to anyone who PM's me.

This way I can see who is interested and how many people are downloading it. That is fair, right? :D

Did You managed to upload roofs textures on the cmmods?

This Winter Siege map You made for PBEM is waiting too long to be played :)

CMRT-Winter-Mode-roofs-27

UPLOAD STATUS TO CMMODS3:

12/15/15:
3 packs of the terrain bmp image files modtagged as [snow].
This also includes beautiful new work by BarbaricCo with flavor objects, Russian fences, etc. sprinkled with frost and snow.

12/16/15:
Folder of Axis Winter Uniforms (Greatcoats and gloves and snowy whitewashed helmets).

12/17/15:
Tried 3 times to upload 160MB Snowy Roof Files RAR but some server error keeps happening. :(
Uploaded BarbaricCo's Stug!
Uploaded BarbaricCo's Tiger!
Uploaded Egger's IS-2 early!
Uploaded Egger's Panther A!

SLIM kindly uploaded Snowy Roof Files to cmmods on 12/17/15.

Now I upload Telogreika RAR file.

This work you guys are doing is looking great kohlenklau. I am still pondering on switching to this mod to use in the campaign I am working on. How many of the terrain files in the editor have been modded? Also has any of the foilage tiles been modded for snow.? To switch now this close to finishing up on the campaign would require a bit of work but what I have seen so far is looking awesome. Once I finish with this campaign I will definately be playing with some scenarios using this mod. As mentioned before I really liked the panther with the tracks and wheels snow modded. This is perfect for this campaign in the early battles where I do have snow terrain. If you guys could mod a tiger (1 and 2) the same way and maybe some stugs and halftracks I may be able to work these in to show case you guys work.

Dozens and dozens were fresh art from photoshop. Yes, we modded snow foliage on trees. And fences and flavor objects. And we did many snow roofs. I never even downloaded the VM winter mod. I didn't even see it being busy with other stuff. I do remember seeing the white version of the normal CMRT Soviet uniform. I didn't personally like it but that is not due to the modder Vincenzo, it is just I saw that before on US greatcoats where a modder just made them white with photoshop and it just didn't look good IMHO and we made them optional in the CMFI GL Bulge 44 mod.

I've got the Telogreikas and the Soviet Greatcoats. I am thinking of doing a Soviet snowsuit when CMFB arrives and I can borrow some of the new skeletons and bmp art.

Tracks and wheels snow dusted is easy. 

Edited by kohlenklau

Dozens and dozens were fresh art from photoshop. Yes, we modded snow foliage on trees. And fences and flavor objects. And we did many snow roofs. I never even downloaded the VM winter mod. I didn't even see it being busy with other stuff. I do remember seeing the white version of the normal CMRT Soviet uniform. I didn't personally like it but that is not due to the modder Vincenzo, it is just I saw that before on US greatcoats where a modder just made them white with photoshop and it just didn't look good IMHO and we made them optional in the CMFI GL Bulge 44 mod.

I've got the Telogreikas and the Soviet Greatcoats. I am thinking of doing a Soviet snowsuit when CMFB arrives and I can borrow some of the new skeletons and bmp art.

Tracks and wheels snow dusted is easy. 

That's quite the desktop picture you've got there....