CMRT WInter Mod thinktank

Happy New Year Maj Bake is pretty much ready other than testing. Do you have a release date for the Winter Mod?

Some items I can work on ... another battle, a few QB maps, new paint jobs (I did a wooden bridge and picket fence you can have), proof read stuff etc ...

Just let me know Phil. I finished xmas shopping.

Kevin

Edited by kevinkin

Hi Kevin

I also looked at winter modding a few QB maps import the modtag and slap some extra term on the end of the filename (winter?) and resave. 

I will probably release all that I have on 16 December 2015. After that anything modded can be separately uploaded.

That was the strategy.

About a dozen folks have had it shoved down their throats to be my testers and of those that took the time to play it, they said they think it is good. 

Other than that the lack of response or interest is quite bewildering.

I also offered to help some forumites learn some basic modding and had 1 taker.

Maybe it is my breath. The heart medicine? No? Oh...the garlic. Got it! :D

Edited by kohlenklau

Well I hope you think of me a that one taker. ;) Anyway just throw any and all projects you have my way as you move toward release.

Do you have a guy to look at my New Year battle? If not I will test it further using the AI plans. I added a picture of Bake and your winter mod emblem to the strategic map

area. I also added a op map scanned from my new book. All this for a polished look and feel.

Kevin

PS maybe I can help out mostly with the QB conversion and modify the AI plans to provide something new and hopefully surprising to the player.

That is very nice of you Kevin.

I do not have any testers lined up. Perhaps you can go to that Proving Ground website at FGM?

It allows you to upload the draft scenario to obtain feedback. Point the tester towards the mods by link or just as text instructions.

I am working on Bake's Ausf G right now. Some from website but some from my imagination UNLESS you have a photo or art of his tank?

After all that he passed in a freaking car crash. But he got to 80 and saw a modern and passive Germany. I guess he should have wrote the book
Steel Teeth: From Panzers to Periodontics  

Haven't any pictures in my books re: Bake's tank. BTW his unit at the time was 5th Company 11th Panzer Regiment if that helps.

Will scope out a QB or two today and see how they set up and play re: your winter mod. I think we should focus on farmland with less rather than more buildings.

I am pretty much 24/7 until your release so please use me :D

Kevin

What is the proposed date of the action? New Years Day of 1943 correct? 

On 1 June 1942, Bäke was promoted to commander of II./Abteilung of Panzer-Regiment 11.

After the encirclement of the German Sixth Army at Stalingrad, 6.Panzer, was sent to Ukraine to join Generaloberst Erich von Manstein's Army Group Don, currently struggling to halt the advancing Soviet forces. The division arrived at the front in December 1942 and took part in the abortive attempt to relieve the 6th Army: Operation Wintergewitter. Bäke commanded II./Panzer-Regiment 11 during the withdrawal to Kharkov. On 11 January 1943, Bäke was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross for his efforts during these battles.