Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

BFC: Will the next CMRT module have snow? :D

kohlenklau

Hold on, never mind. I went back and re-read Steve's July "the road ahead" thread.

We will also soon start work on the first Module for Red Thunder. The details of this are a little fuzzy at present, though it is safe to say that it will be packed full of fun. Think winter combat and the inclusion of Waffen SS and LW forces not seen in Red Thunder.

I have a feeling the modules will start coming out faster as the asset list "fills up" from the other modules. Bulge will take the German vehicle list to the end of the war, essentially... this cuts the assets required for a CMRT module in half. Similarly, late 1943 German vehicles are covered in CMFI and GL, and late war American/German vehicles for an end of war Italian module will also be covered in Bulge. The benefits of this module system will soon pay off I think.

Edited by SeinfeldRules

I hope you are right but I personally think all that efficiency just helps them get more product to sell for less work not for more to offer necessarily or to offer sooner.

They have to stay in business so the product must be choked and throttled at times for economic reasons. No more CMBB!

Correct me if I am wrong but look at my chart October 2013 and Waffen-SS is debuted with CMBN-MG but now almost 2016 and still not in CMRT.

I think they are pacing things out for a certain sales strategy. I do not have an MBA so I will pass on any further sales and marketing elaboration aka BS.

Maybe a good analogy is the restaurant. They have only 1 or 2 waiters and no matter how much food is prepared it can't be served except at a certain rate per year.

They couldn't do a quick CMRT module to sell Waffen-SS because that requires coding and beta testing and folks expect content such as scenarios and campaigns featuring the Waffen-SS against the Soviets. The same half-dozen or so guys are doing everything. So, it is scheduled in the pipeline for sometime in early to late 2017...all just my imagination? Then somebody gets jury duty and the whole schedule slides a month. 

What a bunch of headaches. Bless their hearts. I am glad to just be a customer. 

Now if I get some vehicle modding support we can pump out a CMRT winter mod to hold us over til then. :D

Maybe a good analogy is the restaurant. They have only 1 or 2 waiters and no matter how much food is prepared it can't be served except at a certain rate

Not a very good business model, when you think about it...

And maybe it's actually the opposite. They have very few cooks working to serve thousands of people. Many of the most important staff are working unpaid as volunteers, which means that often, they can't put in the hours, because they are busy with their other, real job (to actually pay their bills). The restaurant stays in business because the food is good when it finally arrives, and the place serves specialties that can't be found elsewhere.

Edited by Bulletpoint