Apache: A Tank's Tale - A CAAR

Actually, what I am really interested in is the map (or maps). If I can use those in a QB I would like to do that.

Michael

think two survived - one mine, which has the beach and town, and the other Kohl's orchard-vineyard-wheat fields. Which would get you the whole area where everything happened. No AI though for either, so you'd have to make one or use it for PBEM. 

You will have to bear with me as I do not have them to hand, CMFI is not on my computer due to a redo for the CMFB and CMBN betas and I'd have to strip stuff out first. 

Edited by Bud Backer

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bud,

Yikes.  That is waaay too close.  Practically a knife fight between the ATG and Apache.  Your tank crew could save rounds and just throw grenades at that range, haha.

They are really lucky they didn't get ventilated by the ATG. 

Heinrich505

Yeah, that was WAY too close for comfort! But Barnes had to make a decision - and the infantry support nearby made it likely the ATG crew was at least a little preoccupied. 

Still, the last panel above is kinda a scary view, seeing those staring down at each other. 

Too bad about that but better a carrier than Apache (even if the scouts might disagree).

Michael

In a strange twist of fate, it seems that the ATG encounter early on may have saved Apache the same fate. If that hadn't happened and Barnes not sought an alternate route, it would be the Sherman that would have hit the Teller Mine.

Bravo Bud!!!

Very nice work! And thankyou for you efforts on this, especially after the very time-consuming (time-critical?) FB strip.

It wasn't quite the way I envisaged you losing a Bren though,...

I do however quite like the style and formatting of the final SKRA-DOOM! Particularly the mix of font sizes; quite effective.

Edited by gnarly

Bravo Bud!!!

Very nice work! And thankyou for you efforts on this, especially after the very time-consuming (time-critical?) FB strip.

It wasn't quite the way I envisaged you losing a Bren though,...

I do however quite like the style and formatting of the final SKRA-DOOM! Particularly the mix of font sizes; quite effective.

Thank you for following along, and giving your comments and feedback. :)

I really enjoyed dong this little comic. I feel that this one is the most like a conventional graphic novel, it tells a story from start to end, and the focus of this story is clearly more limited; it never tried to follow the entire battle, only what concerned Apache.

I was given complete freedom in the CMFB CAAR, but I really wanted it completed before release, as a personal goal, so it was time sensitive in a way.

I'm glad you like the onomatopoeia design. My next comic will look quite different, however.