Apache: A Tank's Tale - A CAAR

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice closing shots (no pun there..), especially capturing and verbalizing  the near miss incoming tracer, as well as the outbound ricochet!

Is this a possible lead-in as to why the story is being told as the gunner's  narrative, and not Barnes???   :unsure:

It took about 40 attempts to catch that damned bullet in flight at the right moment - both coming in, and bouncing away... :angry:

Barnes is a taciturn fellow. He'd just give you a steely gaze....

It took about 40 attempts to catch that damned bullet in flight at the right moment - both coming in, and bouncing away... :angry:

Barnes is a taciturn fellow. He'd just give you a steely gaze....

Oh, I can believe it! I am certain that you would LOVE IT if BF could give us  the reverse/opposite of the current play/pause button, such that you could rewind in micro-second increments. I certainly would!!!

Bud,

Good one.  My tank commanders usually catch a round in the pumpkin much sooner than yours, it seems.  From the one pic it looked like he was a goner for sure.

And yes, what the heck could be far worse than a hidden ATG?  :huh:

You have us hooked again.

Heinrich505

Ugh, my US crews were losing their TCs like crazy in my CMFB battles with IanL. Finally taught me to button up when the enemy us more distant... :unsure:

As to what could be worse than a hidden ATG... How about one really close. Like, REALLY close. See below...

Oh, I can believe it! I am certain that you would LOVE IT if BF could give us  the reverse/opposite of the current play/pause button, such that you could rewind in micro-second increments. I certainly would!!!

More than anything I'd like that the map would have, in 3-D mode, some procedural generator of terrain outside the sandbox, so that no matter how I orient the camera, the terrain recedes into the distance seamlessly. I spend a lot of time trying to frame shots in such a way as to hide ugly map edges. :huh:

Given that Bud appears to have grown up with "Battle Picture comics" like me, I predict "Hilfeaargh !" instead. ( A popular sound effect for Germans in those comics )

Baneman!! Glad to see you're back, I hope you feel better. 

You both do realize there is another sound effect that might be appropriate.... Ska-Doom!!!

BTW, Bud, is this scenario available to the rest of us?

Michael

No, it's not. I may release something at a later date, but not at this point, sorry. This story is actually created by 3 (or 4? I can't recall) scenarios. The battles are not staged, but required several scenarios to go from beach to the end of the comic. So you would not have a coherent single scenario representing what you're seeing. 

Edited by Bud Backer

No, it's not. I may release something at a later date, but not at this point, sorry. This story is actually created by 3 (or 4? I can't recall) scenarios. The battles are not staged, but required several scenarios to go from beach to the end of the comic. So you would not have a coherent single scenario representing what you're seeing. 

Actually, what I am really interested in is the map (or maps). If I can use those in a QB I would like to do that.

Michael