CMSF Original Disk but Can't Install

I bought this program when it came out and I have since moved to a new machine.  When I load the disk into the computer, it doesn't allow me to install the game.  I went to my store page and it looks like my earliest download was from January, 2010.  I know I purchased the game earlier and I am not sure of what to do next.  I would like to install and I only used one installation of the program ever.

When you say that the game doesn't install, is it simply not auto-starting the install when you insert the DVD or are you clicking on the setup.exe file and it doesn't run ? What Windows version are you running ? You may want to temporarily disable your security software to see if that helps. You may also want to right-click on the setup.exe file and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu to give administrative-level rights for the installer to run. If you have the disk space available you could also copy the entire DVD to a directory on your hard drive (to check if the entire disc is readable or not) and attempt to run the installer from that copied installation.

There is no limit to the number of times you can install. There IS a limit to the number of concurrent activations you can have. CMSF used eLicense on the PC, which allows for two concurrent activations. With eLicense you can unlicense an install to preserve that activation for use on another computer/install. Did you unlicense your previous installation ? Even if you didn't (which means you 'lost' that activation), that should NOT prevent you from simply installing the game.

Once you have the game installed you may need to add exceptions for the game executable in your security software (especially any 'active protection' feature). You will also need to likely make changes to your DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings, especially once the game has been activated. You will want to follow the instructions in this Knowledgebase article for making the necessary DEP changes.

I placed the dvd in again and its just spinning, I am running windows 7 and hopefully I can figure this out.  Okay got it loaded up, I right clicked after openeing the disk and ran as admin, then it eventually loaded.

Can I register the game with Battlefront?

I just decided to move my install to a new drive.  Went through the whole unlicense, remove, re install re license pretty much without a hitch, but yeah the disks take a while spinning up in the drive before I get prompted to install (and by that I mean windows recognizing the disk and asking what I want to do - then after waiting a while I eventually get the installation prompts).  Running windows 10.  I did not have to run as admin, I just had to be really really patient.

Edited by sburke