"Into the Breach" feedback

Since I very much enjoyed this scenario I would like to let the author know. I especially liked that there is enough room to manoeuvre and that you do not have to kill every last man in order to win. I set everyone's motivation to "poor" and artillery supllies to "full" in the scenarios I play so I don't know if everything happened exactly as the author planned. Having played (and won) it once with the Stryker cavalry I made another version for myself where I changed blue units to infantry cavalry since there aren't many missions with TOW HMMWVs and that was enjoyable as well.

Spawncaptain:  What is the in-game effect of setting motivation to "poor"?  (As opposed to giving them -2 on other attributes.  I have never messed with the editor so not sure what else one can alter.  I didn't even realize that one can alter parameters in a scenario.)

Edited by Erwin

Spawncaptain:  What is the in-game effect of setting motivation to "poor"?  (As opposed to giving them -2 on other attributes.  I have never messed with the editor so not sure what else one can alter.  I didn't even realize that one can alter parameters in a scenario.)

You can edit a scenario and its units to your liking using the scenario editor.
-2 morale means units lose morale much more quickly even when their own squad is not directly affected. I do that because it prevents me from sending every last man into the grinder when a real commander would long have called off the attack. When AI units are "broken" they probably also refuse to follow the AI plan which might stop them blindly following AI attack plans when most of the attacking forces have already been destroyed.

Edited by spawncaptain

I'd like to echo spawncaptain's praise for the scenario. I just finished it. The AI did some surprising movements that forced me to rethink my plans on the fly. The only "flaw", which isn't Imperial Grunt's fault but the game engine, is that armored vehicles/tanks that survive precision artillry when stationary in the open just stay put instead of seeking cover. I guess it is due to that vehicles can't panic, but only crews, and as they are safe behind armor they don't sense the urgency.

Well done I G :)

• 1 year later...

This one was a nutbuster. Props to Imperial Grunt-- his scenarios are the boss. Stryker platoons are difficult to manage, and on this map there are not many good lines of sight for the Jav teams. This is a highly recommended scenario, especially because of how dynamic it is. American air support is key in this one.