Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Drunk & Disorderly on Duty; Artillery crews in Internet Battles

Gentlebeings,

As immensly pleased I am that turn based LAN/Internet play is now available there is one fly in my otherwise gourmet ointment.

Recently my little group of players have been playing each other rather frequently and it turns out that though the game performs pretty smoothly over the Internet, we have found one exception; Artillery.

Basically it comes down to arty missions being fired at all points of the compass with no reference to the specified target. Sometimes the incoming rounds lands behind the spotter or hundreds of meters outside the map. In addition there have been "Ghost Missions" which sounds cool but really isn't as it means that the artillery fires randomly without any orders at all.

I have done a good bit of testing and my conclusion is that artillery works perfectly when played over a LAN but when the orders have to venture out on the Internet something goes pear shaped.

So; my questions to you fellow players are :

1. Have you noticed this behavior?

2. Any recommendations as how to correct it?

I will report it as a suspected bug, but I first wanted to see if there was anybody else out there with similar experience.

Regards,

Derfel

Well Ive never played TC/IP or LAN but Ive also never heard of missions fired with no orders at all. Ever.  As far as the rounds landing off target this sometimes happen with spotters that dont have or lose LoS to the target or have really poor experience, or both.  However even this Ive very rarely if ever seen happen as described by you.

Also a bit confused about what you mean IP play is now available, as its always been available since CMx1?