What have you done to my forum?

c3k

Yeah, change is hard :D  Some of my bookmarks are broken - that is going to be tough.  But look if you type the '@' symbol and then start with someones name you can mention them in a post - pretty cool eh @grunt_GI.  I tried it with @L0ckAndL0ad but it didn't work - must not work with numbers in the user name. :(

I'm not fully sure what to expect from the Upgrade, but it's something we've been putting off for a while now.  For sure it offers more modern features, such as the one IanL just pointed out.

We're now looking into how we can make it look better as this is the default look.

Also, a number of things still need to be re-indexed, so you'll see various things which don't quite seem right fixed over the next few days as the hundreds of thousands of posts are combed for various bits of data.

Steve

Edited by Battlefront.com

So ... is it just me missing something obvious (wouldn't be the first time :)), but what's happened to the way to go straight to the first new post (i.e. unread by me) - as opposed to the first or last post - in a thread with new-to-me posts??

Edited by PhilM
clarity

So ... is it just me missing something obvious (wouldn't be the first time :)), but what's happened to the way to go straight to the first new post (i.e. unread by me) - as opposed to the first or last post - in a thread with new-to-me posts??

It seems to work as it did before by clicking on the little circle or star to the left of the thread title.

Oh wait I have a feeling that there used to be another way to do it too - perhaps that was the way you always did it and that way is now gone.  Anyway click on the circle or star to the left of the thread title and it will take you to the latest post that you have not yet read.

Up and running. My old bookmark no longer work, so I had to do a search and rebookmark this page.

For some reason the link on the BFC storefront webpage takes me to an error message, it says "community.battlefront.com Driver Error", the same error when I attempted to use my old bookmark.  Somehow the link on my phone's browser worked seamlessly however.

I like the bigger font! Because I am getting old...

I hope this means that the new storefront page and repository are coming along nicely!

GET SOME BFC!

Here is some tactical knowledge of the day. The knifehand.

6eddec64df342d9bd3b4809ba99dd5cb.jpg

It seems to work as it did before by clicking on the little circle or star to the left of the thread title.

Oh wait I have a feeling that there used to be another way to do it too - perhaps that was the way you always did it and that way is now gone.  Anyway click on the circle or star to the left of the thread title and it will take you to the latest post that you have not yet read.

Thanks for this - yes, that does work.

What I was missing was the "preview this thread" icon which appeared if you moused over the thread title, and let you preview the first, first unread and last posts ... helped me to see if the new content was "worth" looking at, and if not you could mark the thread read from there. I used that facility pretty well exclusively to read or mark threads, and it seems very odd now it's not there ... if indeed is is "not there" now rather than available in another way, which made me ask my question.

The missing older quotes: I feel sorry for whoever has to re-type them all back in. That'll be a tough job.  ;)

I though you volunteered for that job.  Thanks in advance BTW :D

Thanks for this - yes, that does work.

What I was missing was the "preview this thread" icon which appeared if you moused over the thread title, and let you preview the first, first unread and last posts ... helped me to see if the new content was "worth" looking at, and if not you could mark the thread read from there. I used that facility pretty well exclusively to read or mark threads, and it seems very odd now it's not there ... if indeed is is "not there" now rather than available in another way, which made me ask my question.

Good, I never noticed the preview thing before.  Now I wish I had.

I liked the square format better for the avatars. The new round format crops more of the image off. Sgt. Rock has had his chin cut off!

Yep, my cat lost an ear.  One thing you can do is edit your avatar image to increase the canvas size (keeps the image the same but adds more space around the edges) stay square and figure how to position what you want so it shows in the  circle.  With a little experimentation you can probably get something you are happy with.

Oh yeah and I figured out how to get the '@' to work better: don't use capital letters. Yesterday I could not get @L0ckAndL0ad to work and at the time I thought it was the '0' in his name but it turns out that if you type '@''L''0' it will not find him but if you type '@''l''0' it will.  Same for @ASL Veteran.