FXShine shader

BarbaricCo

I also switched off one after the next procedure in blurshader.frag. If gl_FragColor is empty, the screen is black. But if gl_FragColor is assigned a value and no other procedures are active, nevertheless AA is lost. To me it seems how the blur shader is called seems to create the problem with AA, not one of the procedures used within the shader.

Maybe you could ask the GLSL guys what could be done to prevent losing AA when using blur shaders?

I also switched off one after the next procedure in blurshader.frag. If gl_FragColor is empty, the screen is black. But if gl_FragColor is assigned a value and no other procedures are active, nevertheless AA is lost. To me it seems how the blur shader is called seems to create the problem with AA, not one of the procedures used within the shader.

Maybe you could ask the GLSL guys what could be done to prevent losing AA when using blur shaders?

Again I’m not 3D graphic programer neither I know any GLSL guy, just leaving the credits :). In fact, I think few people know how to write good algorithm, but many are using and adapting largely available online code. This CoMiCraft mode was not intended. I was trying to merge some simple antialiasing with existing blur shader and You can see the results.

Basically blur shader is enabled from CM code so we can put different GLSL code in him, but I don’t think Battlefront would be happy with that (@ RockinHarry has some good analysis about pixel shiftings etc. going with WM enabled). It was meant for post processing effects and for now we should stick with that or they can disable this in future updates :(

Anyway, I made one version of FXAA antialialiasing shader working in CM.

CM_simple_antialiasing_FXAA:

CM_simple_antialiasing_FXAA.zip

- just another antialiasing mode

- pu it in "z" folder

- replacing "War Movie" (Alt-M) mode

- disable antialiasing in options, then try it with "Alt-M"

With my currently limited knowledge about shaders programing I can't merge 2 shaders without strange effects. Its performance costly but probably it would be best to call this FXAA as a separate shader on top of everything. To have in "options" antialiasing "AA default" and "FXAA" for use with "War Movie" shader mode. But Battlefront programers know best how to put this working and what other problems this can bring.

Little bit more about antialiasing:

http://blog.codinghorror.com/fast-approximate-anti-aliasing-fxaa/

For those willing to play with shaders:

https://www.shadertoy.com

To much technical stuffs, let's go with CM beautiful screenshoots!

Edited by BarbaricCo
duplicate attachment

CMRT Night vision mode for night scenarios

- This is modified Battlefront CM “War Movie” shader.

- It will replace the Alt-M (Opt-M) mode.

- Does not work with Alt-B (Opt-B) mode.

- Works with CMRT, CMBN, CMFI and CMBS (engine v3.0).

- Little or no performance hit.

- OS X and Windows.

- Experimental stuff.

Credits to @SLIM for night vision ideas and @Rambler for first making it for CMBS!

Download:  Zielgerat_1229_NIGHT_HUNTER_mode.zip

CombatMission_Zielgerat_1229_NIGHT_HUNTER_mode3

CombatMission_Zielgerat_1229_NIGHT_HUNTER_mode4

thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120902-released-zielgerät-1229-night-hunter-mode/

@Rambler Night vision mode thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120834-released-night-vision-mode/

Combat Mission Red Thunder - War Movie ADVANCED mode v1.0

Post processing visual effect shaders for Combat Mission

- This is modified Battlefront CM “War Movie” shader.

- It will replace the Alt-M (Opt-M) mode.

- Because of the modified bump mapping shaders, this version also affect default CM mode.

- Works with CMRT, CMBN, CMFI and CMBS (engine v3.0).

- Little or no performance hit.

- OS X and Windows.

- Experimental stuff.

Please enjoy and post Your best screenshoots/ videos!

Thanks

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/16ps1gmav8ntfd5/Combat Mission - War Movie ADVANCED mode v1.zip?dl=0

1_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

2_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

3_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

4_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

5_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

6_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

7_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

8_Combat_Mission_Red_Thunder_War_Movie_ADVANCED_mode

For more shader modes visit original thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/120795-fxshine-shader/

^ Glad you liked it.

I am quite newbie with these shaders. Going to utilize them as much I can. 

BarbariCo, I am using Ati card as my signature says. Interested abut these bump Mapping things- is it for example, already in uploaded shaders or do I must download them separatically?

Cheers.

I think I found my personal favourite settings.

aAWO5Rf.png

I think the tank's bright side and the parts in the shadows contrast perfectly with the green of the trees and the trees against the hazy sky, while the building's grey roof just has the correct brightness to shine through the trees. The feeling of depth is very good. OVerall the picture is pleasantly warm.

QGFPXjS.png

Soldiers in the shadows are black, while the contrast with the white church is not hurting the eyes. Wall in the shadow shows a good amount of darkness.

The different greens are good to feel, whithout the green color dominating the screen.

1u71H2g.png

Here I like the differences between being exposed to the sun, partial shadows and being fully in shadow. The green is vibrant enough to shine through the treetrunks, without dominating the screen. The green grass seems bright enough to clearly contrast any (moving) object on it.

gCZXXKi.png

Objects on the hill seem three-dimensional and nicely contrasting, without aggressive contrast from the sky. I like the blending of the sky with the rapeseed and the contrasting of the trees. Also the shadow of the tree in the foreground looks great.

And last but not least the previously used test scenes:

mTIVQek.png

Amazing how threedimensional and warm CM can look, like an excellent oil painting.

jDxHvMR.png

The rapeseed is yellow enough and contrasting well with the green, the trees are beautifully dark green, throw dark shadows, with just enough to guesstimate details of the vehicle; the green of the grass shows partial dryness, the wheat looks dry and the soil behind the rear StuG looks freshly plowed and fertile and the sky's contrast and clouds look natural.

krin9S2.png

previous post, this effect

Here's the shader for download. Enjoy.

zBlurShader_v4_CarlWAW.rar

@massimoFGM It's @CarlWAW version of the blur shader. We definitely need some sort of a list of all of the community shader versions (like @kevinkin mentioned). If other contrubitors agree I'll put all versions on my dropbox so forum members can browse everything if they click first link from the first post. Sometimes it's just necessary to edit that first post :). Luckily it is linked to folder not directly to the document.

I also prefer CarlWAW's shader as linked by BabaricCo.. I've been using it in CMBN and am very happy with it.  The images I uploaded in this post were taken with it.

First picture from that post was "play of the day".

Anyway, there is a legend written in the blur.frag "Battle of the Shaders" that one Bil once asked for more saturation.

@Bil Hardenberger ?

First picture from that post was "play of the day".

Anyway, there is a legend written in the blur.frag "Battle of the Shaders" that one Bil once asked for more saturation.

@Bil Hardenberger ?

You are referring to the comment in the shader itself I take it?  Yes in the early days of development when this was first introduced it was even more grayed out than the release version became, so I, as the biggest fan of this thing, asked for a little more color to be reintroduced.  

For my tastes, CarlWAW has hit the perfect balance with his shader.. it has slightly more color than the CM release shader, but also ramps up the contrast to a point where it is not overwhelming.

For my tastes, CarlWAW has hit the perfect balance with his shader.. it has slightly more color than the CM release shader, but also ramps up the contrast to a point where it is not overwhelming.

I like to watch the action a lot from ground level and I think the shader makes recognizing things in the distance much easier.

I think the latest from BarbaricCo looks most impressive. I still can't get used to the brightness but as showing off impressive graphics, I think the developers should include his shader work. A setting in the options menu to select among several shaders/looks would be very cool.

But if only anti-aliasing would work!

Bil, are the developers aware of BarbaricCo's interesting AA-shader experiment? There has to be a way to make AA work with the cool looks, too!

Edited by CarlWAW

• 2 weeks later...

So, we can delete the previous versions?  Does this replace CMBS War Movie Advanced mod v1?  Also, FXShine CMRT v1 and v2?

Is the CMRT version supposed to work with CMFI and CMBN. or are those still being developed?

(Will any one them work with CMSF or CMA by the way?)

Thanks for all your work!

Edited by Erwin

So, we can delete the previous versions?  Does this replace CMBS War Movie Advanced mod v1?  Also, FXShine CMRT v1 and v2?

Is the CMRT version supposed to work with CMFI and CMBN. or are those still being developed?

(Will any one them work with CMSF or CMA by the way?)

Thanks for all your work!

Yes. Only one version of a shaders in "z" folder at a time. I tweaked specific versions for different games but You can try CMBS version in CMRT and vice versa (or CMBN, CMFI etc.).

War movie ADVANCED is visually totally different effect and I will update that soon.

Can someone try it with CMSF or CMA?

• 2 weeks later...