Attachment

Hi folks, a bit late in the day to be posting but just wondered if this is a bug or something I don't understand? The unit to the right of the Chinese HQ was attached but then detached for some reason. The unit is within 5 tiles and the HQ has only 2 other units attached. Why did this detach and why can't I attach it again - no option given when I click on the HQ and then the unit (HQ in auto-assist mode)?

post-60599-0-10061000-1441613407_thumb.j

Cheers,

Chris

Now I'm thinking that the 5 tile range must change due to terrain and weather? So maybe it is 5 action points or movement distance?

It seems when the units come very close to the HQ they can be attached again.

Great game by the way - far better than I expected. A lot more to it than I realised when I played the demo a year or two ago and dismissed the game as simplistic.

I got that very wrong.

Hi Chris

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

The HQ range will change with the terrain, unless a clear path exists between the HQ and the unit via a road. In which case simply the distance in tiles is what counts.

I'm not sure why what you've experienced has happened, though have you patched the game to the last patch, 1.03?

If you haven't then doing so might fix it, though it is unlikely that any saved games will be compatible with it, so choose your upgrading time wisely.

Bill

Thanks Bill - the game is patched to 1.03. I keep seeing these odd lack of attachment options but I assume it is my lack of understanding as nobody on the forums back in the day seemed to mention any bugs with this. It's a bit irritating when you can't attach a unit to a HQ and see no reason for it. Another example here. The unit with the red circle has no option to attach - its not moved yet and other units equally distant are either attached or show the blue surround for the option to attach. Just wondering if it is something I don't understand fully?

post-60599-0-63745500-1441752678_thumb.j

I think in this case the unit is too far away, because the mountains cost a lot of Action Points to cross, and it is the same calculation that is made to see if a unit is in range of a HQ.

So in this case I can understand why your unit isn't attachable, but like you I'm not really sure with your first example.

Bill