Any Ost Battalion Mods/Scenarios out there?

I was doing a little digging around the forums but I couldn't find much of anything regarding the Ost troops the Germans had in Normandy at the time of the D-Day invasion.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any scenarios out there that deal with Allied forces fighting against Ost troops?

Are there any skin mods that make the Germans look like Ost troops?

Based on my current knowledge, the Ost troops were dressed out in lighter kit than the German regulars, but I don't know if there are enough differences to warrant a mod to show it. Does anyone have any insight on that?

Finally, I was wondering what you all think would be appropriate levels in the editor to set Ost troops to, such as veterancy, motivation, and leadership. Again based on my current knowledge of the Ost troops I would likely put all of these values to be rather low, except for maybe motivation in some cases (I've heard stories of some fanatical Ost troops)

Any input is welcome!

Some of the "German" units encountered in "The Road to Montebourg" campaign are "Ost" troops. I'm not sure if any feature in the single-battle scenarios that come with the game.

As for mods, I've not encountered any uniform or voice mods for them so far. That doesn't mean to say that there aren't any, I may have missed them. It would certainly be nice to have them.

I have yet to really get into The Road to Montebourg, but a similar thing exists in the training campaign, Task Force Raff. I'm pretty sure that all of the German units in the small training campaign are Ost troops. I'll have to give Montebourg a go. 

Does anyone know if the uniforms/combat kits of Ost soldiers were any different from regular German army units?

I have yet to really get into The Road to Montebourg, but a similar thing exists in the training campaign, Task Force Raff. I'm pretty sure that all of the German units in the small training campaign are Ost troops. I'll have to give Montebourg a go. 

Does anyone know if the uniforms/combat kits of Ost soldiers were any different from regular German army units?

Don't forget you can lower the equipment quality in the editor prior to purchasing a formation. Lower the equipment quality to 'poor' could be a good starting point to better represent an Ost Battalion. From memory Ost Battalions were intermixed with German manned battalions at the start of the Normandy campaign. Unsure if there was a specific equipment quality difference by Battalion within the same Division.

Thanks for the input! That's definitely a good idea, lowering their equipment quality. 

Any idea if there are any mods that give the Germans a hat instead of a helmet? I know there is a mod out there that gives the Soviets the 'pisscutter' hat in RT. Something along the lines of the two types of hats shown in this picture:

Osttruppen3%20(312%20x%20238).jpg

(Not sure if this is an authentic photo, but it shows what I mean by 'hats')

I'm not sure exactly if the Osttruppen ever fought looking like this, and if there are no mods that do this then I may be out of luck. I thought it would provide a bit more flavor when fighting them. 

LukeFF ... Yes you are right about that. It has been over a year since I fought that battle, and I'd forgotten that it was an Ost Battalion. I've just fired it up out of curiosity and noticed that all HQ, and squad leaders have German surnames. Given the amount of work that goes into designing a scenario, I think it would be asking a bit too much for someone to go to the trouble of giving them Georgian or Russian surnames, let alone creating uniform or voice mods.

LukeFF ... Yes you are right about that. It has been over a year since I fought that battle, and I'd forgotten that it was an Ost Battalion. I've just fired it up out of curiosity and noticed that all HQ, and squad leaders have German surnames. Given the amount of work that goes into designing a scenario, I think it would be asking a bit too much for someone to go to the trouble of giving them Georgian or Russian surnames, let alone creating uniform or voice mods.

This is what I figured, but I thought I would ask and see if anyone had a small uniform mod lying around.

@LukeFF, I'll be sure to check out that scenario, as well as the others listed here. Thanks for the input!