Claymores?

Sublime

You would know a lot more than most here still having served and been trained.  Its not necessarily your misfortune to have 'missed' a war... count it as a blessing.

I would not call that Misfortune

About half of the men I served with did.

Out of them, about a third had their lives messed up pretty bad or just mentally did not handle what they experienced.

So, I was willing and felt I had my thoughts straight as to why I was serving my country. But I do not regret in the least that I did not need to use those skills.

exactly what i meant sly. I almost enlisted at 17 in 02 but chose crime and drugs instead. though thatvwas a huge mistake in a way im glad life played out the way it did. enlisting as combat infantry in the us army in march 02 i would have been in the invasion of iraq or afghanistan or iraq later. ive never been in combat and would hate to find out im a coward to real conbat(not streetfights) the hard way and have some guy get killed cuz of me.

edit: currahee as Nidan said and I knew and you probably did (tho ur post confused me) claymores have a clacker it looks like to small rectangles attached like a clip you.d close a bag of chips with sort of you close them 'clack em' and boom.

Edited by Sublime

edit: currahee as Nidan said and I knew and you probably did (tho ur post confused me) claymores have a clacker it looks like to small rectangles attached like a clip you.d close a bag of chips with sort of you close them 'clack em' and boom.

Yeah they had us attach the wire to the clacker which ran to the claymore. You then, er, clacked the clacker and a boom was supposed to follow. We also had to test each element of the system with a test box thingy - first the clacker, then wire and clacker, then the whole system after it was hooked to the claymore.