Tiger Vs Stuart

Nice video what did the impacts say couldn't read it. The stuart has a high velocity 37mm just like the 37mm anti-tank gun. The penetration values are similar to the m4 shermans weak low velocity 75mm believe it or not.It could fire canister for anti-troop purposes as well but I doubt battelefront added that as ammo?

The inner city is not a place for Tigers to be..

The Tiger tanks turret speed and general track speed is slow. It would probably be quicker for a tiger to track turn instead of a turret turn.

The closer the stuart gets to an enemy tank the more deadly it is. Since the M8 greyhound also has the 37mm, It could probably do the same. If a .50cal could not out a tanks engine from behind, the 37 would have no problem knocking out any tanks engine from behind.

Shermans and Stuarts reign in inner city battles.. Up close is where the 75mm WORKS as well.

Edited by user1000

First two hits were partial penetrations. Third one was a penetration. Tiger crew bailed, then got nailed by canister shot, as well as a Yank tank crew in the building right beside where the Tiger was parked.

On the YouTube videos....to get a bigger video, instead of watching the embedded video, click on the link and you will be taken to the YT page. Mouse over the bottom portion of the video and you will see a Full Screen icon on the bottom. Click that.

Love it. I have lost as many as seven tanks before finally getting the better of a Tiger. You were much more fortunate in that battle. Did you know there were Tigers about?

Yep, and I had a very good idea of where they all were. Oppo and I both bum rushed the city from opposite sides. I had (IIRC) something like five Shermans (mixture of 75 and 76mm) and two Stuarts. Oppo had (again IIRC) three Tigers and I haven't seen anything else except infantry and a lot of halftracks. Two Tigers were defanged by gun hits, turning them into rolling machine gun bunkers. The Tiger you saw in my video was the last fully functional one. All my Sherms have been eliminated except for one that was immobilized by a Shrek team and then bailed and mowed down the Shrek team with .45. Hopefully I can get them to rally and man the tank again. They are within spitting distance of one of the defanged Tigers, but it seems to be having difficulty targeting them.

My two Stuarts are still fighting the good fight, despite each of them taking one crew casualty. Oppo has one Tiger that has taken several zook hits (you can hear those in the background of my video), yet still seems to be holding on. The infantry battle is going against my oppo, as he was about one turn late to the party and took a lot of casualties while they were still riding in the halftracks.

This is a fun map.

Next challenge.  Now you have to hunt some heavy tank engine blocks with the .50 cal shoot and scoot on an m20 or greyhound. I don't think it can be down on the tiger but most tank rear armor is so thin .50 cal would go through engine block and into crew area. You should be able to do it on everything from Panther down through though.

Edited by user1000

I'm a big fan of the Stuart. Generally, the weaker the unit, the more I like to use it. I tend to root for the underdog, and there's a special satisfaction in finally completing the mission with a bunch of green troops and a rusty Stuart, or even better, an armoured car :)

Fun fact: I've been playing for years now, and never even saw a Tiger in any of my games. Yes, I only play single player...

I'm a big fan of the Stuart. Generally, the weaker the unit, the more I like to use it. I tend to root for the underdog, and there's a special satisfaction in finally completing the mission with a bunch of green troops and a rusty Stuart, or even better, an armoured car :)

Fun fact: I've been playing for years now, and never even saw a Tiger in any of my games. Yes, I only play single player...

How is this possible, I swear I have seen more tiger Tanks than the German army ever made within these games.

Its like the only unit that way too many designers think they have to have within a scenario. I actually liked the fact it was not available in CMBN at first, Of course that just made the Panther the next overused unit for awhile.

I always appreciated it when I come across a battle using some of the more uncommon equipment that is not so popular, it brings some interest into the engagement

How is this possible, I swear I have seen more tiger Tanks than the German army ever made within these games.

Its like the only unit that way too many designers think they have to have within a scenario. I actually liked the fact it was not available in CMBN at first, Of course that just made the Panther the next overused unit for awhile.

I always appreciated it when I come across a battle using some of the more uncommon equipment that is not so popular, it brings some interest into the engagement

Well, simple... there is not a single tiger tank in the basic (allied) campaigns that come with the base game. And there have been no tigers in any of the scenarios that I downloaded. Seems like the designers that make scenarios that I like the look of, don't often use tigers... which is perfectly fine with me :)

Edited by Bulletpoint

Well, simple... there is not a single tiger tank in the basic (allied) campaigns that come with the base game. And there have been no tigers in any of the scenarios that I downloaded. Seems like the designers that make scenarios that I like the look of, don't often use tigers... which is perfectly fine with me :)

User made scenarios are teaming wit them. It is odd that the MG stock scenarios don't feature a few Tiger IIs from the 506th Heavy Panzer Battalion.  Too "Hollywood" I guess.

The stuart is also one of my favorite tanks.  130+ 37mm rounds including 15 canisters, 3 7.62mm MGs, and over 35 MPH in open ground.  When I have them they absolutely shoot first (and second and third) and ask questions later.  Thank goodness I do not have to live under our current military ROE because I shoot up everything in site.  Because they are cheap they are also great for mass flank runs which tends to turn the big cats around leaving them open to Sherman shots.

I also noticed the turret turning away from the Tiger after each round.  Shouldn't the AI should stay focused on the Tiger until it shows some sign of being put out of action.

Yes, I know I'm missing out... thanks for the invite. Will think about it.

Reference PBEM.  If you decide to go down this road (I think you would enjoy it) I would recommend Dropbox along with CM Helper or Who's Turn is it.  (I have not used Who's Turn is it but it was created by IanL so you know it is a quality product.)  These three PBEM aids are all free and greatly simplify the PBEM process.

I know I am getting ahead of myself here but you might also want to consider joining a ladder at one of the gaming clubs.  I just joined the Blitz ladder and am playing my first two ladder games in the Blitz ladder system.  I think (hope) the advantage of a ladder is that most people in a ladder/club system will finish a PBEM even when they are losing.  (The behavior is tracked and reported)  Outside of the ladder/club system some people are likely to lose interest if a game starts to go south on them.

If you ever want to play against someone who is not as advanced as Doug (and probably not as gamey :) ) I am also available.        

Reference PBEM.  If you decide to go down this road (I think you would enjoy it) I would recommend Dropbox along with CM Helper or Who's Turn is it.  (I have not used Who's Turn is it but it was created by IanL so you know it is a quality product.)  These three PBEM aids are all free and greatly simplify the PBEM process.

I know I am getting ahead of myself here but you might also want to consider joining a ladder at one of the gaming clubs.  I just joined the Blitz ladder and am playing my first two ladder games in the Blitz ladder system.  I think (hope) the advantage of a ladder is that most people in a ladder/club system will finish a PBEM even when they are losing.  (The behavior is tracked and reported)  Outside of the ladder/club system some people are likely to lose interest if a game starts to go south on them.

If you ever want to play against someone who is not as advanced as Doug (and probably not as gamey :) ) I am also available.        

Thanks for the heads up. I'm all for being a good sport, but is it customary to fight till the last man in PBEM games? Or are you allowed to surrender/cease fire when you can't see any hope of winning?