Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How common are 13K point range QBs? Who here plays them?

After hours and hours of work I finally managed to get a force together in the 13K point range. Everything I previously wrote about the UI based on a quick foray was fully born out during the quite aggravating full-on force buy exercise. IMO it's hard to see and read the text, positioning of key info is simply awful (points on far left and buy on far right), unit subordination is bizarre (put manually bought FO, snipers in ADA!), space is wasted because display doesn't automatically remove space taken by deleted units, and the whole process is pretty counterintuitive. The amount of work I went through in order to have a MR formation to cross attach with my tanks was flat out ludicrous. Buy a BTG, then start removing everything until you get to, say, a lowly MRC! Really? I do like the way I could tailor my tank force, to include agonizing over decisions on whether, say, two full strength TCs are better than 1 full, one 2/3 and 1 remnant. And after I finally got to the MRC level stuff, I could do the tailoring there, too, but why so much work? There was also the special joy associated with the bottom screen with its in-category decisions, which I somehow muddled through.

Seems to me I ought to be able to simply define the force quality, baseline unit type (tank, mech inf or inf), the AFV model, if applicable, and the size, e.g., tank. T-72M3, battalion, the cross attachment (e.g., mech inf, BMP-3, MRC), any add-ons (FS, ADA/SAM, tacair, snipers, etc.), then go from there. Once that was done, I could then fiddle a bit with the numbers, but I estimate the whole drill would be a matter of minutes, rather than hours. I freely grant my lack of familiarity, with both the UI and a lot of unfamiliar armor, didn't help, but the truth of the matter is that I found making the force buy pretty taxing. While it'll doubtless be easier doing this stuff in the future, on balance I found the overall experience most off putting. Guess I must sacrifice a lot of time in order to make sure I don't get ridiculous force structures (and not enough seats) in QBs!

Regards,

John Kettler

John when you buy a unit u selecg the unit. as a whole on the bottom of the screen u can define whether its composed of what tanks what arty what atgmz whether tigrs.or uazs, what kind of grenade launchers, what kind of iglas, whether mortars are on or off map etc etc u can also select a generalized soft factor for the whole formation then with that formation selected u can pick single vehicle or teams and attach thwm to the unit quickly. i actually can put together a 13k battle in about five minutes and an effective one. the longesy part is parsing down ifvs to save points and the map preview. also as time passes you will learn unit combos that work for you and buy accordingly. my strongest recommendation for a base unit to buy for ukr or russ is a battalion tactical group. then buy a tank battalion 31 or 41 theyre the same just refers to number of tanks. a full tank battalion will swallow those points. you.ll almost certainly have to parse that down. Edited by Sublime

John if you d feel comfortable ill pm you my phone number and you can call me ans i can walk you through the process. once you master it in on cmx2 title itll be easier in all and in no time it wont be a big deal.

and you can press *67 before calling me to block your number so you dont have to worry aboute having ur number. as i said im willing to do a dar with you on a battlw not on the board butnon phone or pms where we start with reinforced companies and ill discuss whats going on and answer questions as the battle goes on to help you. you can do this man

Edited by Sublime

Sublime,

What a kind and generous offer to help--which I gladly accept! I also very much appreciate the encouragement and the wholly unexpected capabilities of what I presume is the part of the screen in which I managed to selected T-90AMs in my so far only crack at assembling a 13K point range QB force. Nor do I have any issues at all with your knowing my phone number. 

Regards,

John Kettler