Moving waypoints cancels pauses.

A while back we had a discussion about how irritating it was for an initial pause for a unit to be cancelled if you moved their first waypoint. My recollection was that this was resolved, both in desire and implementation in favour of it no longer doing so. So I am surprised to find that wiggling the first waypoint now, "once again" (my search-fu has failed me and it was a long ago issue; about the time of MG) moving that first waypoint cancels a pause at the unit's current location, the same as if you deleted the waypoint and created a new one.

Did I imagine this coming up? Did it ever get actually fixed (I thought it did)? If it didn't, should it be?

I don't remember that discussion, but I just tried a QB with current v3.11 ( since I never payed attention ) and the Pause is still there even after I relocate the First WayPoint...Of course, If I had a Firing Order attached and relocated the waypoint, then the Firing Order gets canceled. 

*Update*...I also tried this playing a Scenario against a PBEM Opponent, and Pause does indeed disappear after relocating the First WayPoint...It appears.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Scenario vs QB, Or Opponent vs. AI. 

Joe

Edited by JoMc67

I don't remember that discussion, but I just tried a QB with current v3.11 ( since I never payed attention ) and the Pause is still there even after I relocate the First WayPoint...Of course, If I had a Firing Order attached and relocated the waypoint, then the Firing Order gets canceled. 

*Update*...I also tried this playing a Scenario against a PBEM Opponent, and Pause does indeed disappear after relocating the First WayPoint...It appears.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Scenario vs QB, Or Opponent vs. AI. 

Joe

Now that's odd. And might be why I didn't notice it before now, having been mostly playing QBs not scenarios/campaigns. I'm finding it happens in a Campaign, WeGo (of course single player).

I remember it as being fixed. I do not recall when but I would just believe @Vanir. I recall the original defect only reset the pause if you moved the first way point of many, not it it was the only one. Or the other way around. There was some additional twist I cannot remember exactly and I am also not at the computer for most of today to check.

Ah yes. If there's an additional waypoint past the first, sliding the first waypoint around doesn't delete the Pause at current location. If there's just origin and one destination, moving the destination bins the Pause at the origin. I had thought it was fixed pre-vehicle-pack, but if it was, it's back.