H2H help needed

Hi good people of the community.

Up until now I was only playing singleplayer but now my friend is getting ready to undergo a H2H match. I will need your help to advise me best course of action.

We both have 3.11 game engine and all modules plus the vehicle pack.

This friend of mine is a beginner with the game so I suppose smaller unit count scenario is in order. He's into Germans so he will want play them for his first run. I am more experienced then him so scenario should be easier for the German player.

Woulf you be so kind to suggest us a suitable vanilla game or user made scenario.

Should we play in RT or wego?

Saw there is one user made H2H help program - how does it help exactly?

Thank you.

This friend of mine is a beginner with the game so I suppose smaller unit count scenario is in order. He's into Germans so he will want play them for his first run. I am more experienced then him so scenario should be easier for the German player.

Woulf you be so kind to suggest us a suitable vanilla game or user made scenario.

Sounds excellent. I hope you guys have a good time. One thing I do when selecting a scenario is have a look at the Blitz results. If a game has been played a handful of times you can often see a pattern and find one that is either balanced to offers a greater challenge for one side or another.  Check out the play record here (you do not need to be a member to see this):

http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/combat-mission-battle-for-normandy/b-15.htm?action=scenarios&game=153

Should we play in RT or wego?

Well I am totally bias in favour of WEGO but you should play which ever way you guys feel like.

Saw there is one user made H2H help program - how does it help exactly?

It is used for PBEM WEGO to transfer files to and from the game and drop box (or similar file sharing service).  Once you have CMHelper or WTII? (see my sig :) ) installed and setup you can play your turn and the helper program will copy the file from your game dir to the shared location and on the other side of the world or the other side of town.  Your friend's helper program will see the new file and copy it into his game files dir and be ready to play.  No manual copying or emailing of files.

Helpful thread on getting started in PBEM: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/118043-newbie-wants-to-use-dropbox-for-multiplayer-games-but-is-ignorant/#entry1580876

WTII announcement thread: http://community.battlefront.com/topic/110328-announcing-whose-turn-is-it-a-pbem-turn-management-program/

I think back to when I was a beginner and I was glad I started in WEGO rather than real time. Even with a platoon sized force if you're really new to the game there is a lot to do in giving orders and managing your forces. Having time to sit back and think is helpful I think as a beginner so I think your friend may find it a lot less frustrating to at least initially use WEGO. Just a thought. :)

Also, the H2H Helper program is now called CMHelper. Easier to find in a search if you look for the right name. ;)

Edited by Bud_B

hmmm  Platoon patrol might be a worthy contender.  It is small and I think with a human German defender the German side may have an advantage, honestly not sure.  And make sure to just enjoy the experience of playing against a human.  Everything you took for granted playing the AI you can toss out the window.  Humans have an unlimited "triggers" capability.  :D