Unsolicited Possibilities

Both the TO&E and OOB for the Soviets would be very different than the way they are currently in the Russian military, and there would be some differences on the US side as well. For instance, there would be no Strikers and a lot more M113's ranging from infantry carriers to command vehicles to the FIST vehicle, etc. Even in the late 80's there were still a ton of M113's roaming around. The Bradley replaced the M113 in a lot of its roles, but most reserve units were still comprised mostly of M113's, and they were never really phased out until after the Cold War. I could go on with examples but the point is is that there are enough significant differences between what is in Black Sea and what would be in CM: Fulda Gap to warrant a new game.

I do agree that the scope of BS and RT are tiny compared to what BB was, and I do hope that we get expansions that increase the scope of the games, but it looks like BFC is working on that, both with the mission packs and modules and such they talked about in their most recent newsletter/update. 

It's also worth noting that late Cold War offers a wide range of capabilities within each of the major factions.  Sure on the high end of 1990 there's US units in M1A1HAs with M2A2s.  On the other hand there's still regular army units puttering around in M60A3s with M113s.  Same deal for the Soviets, some formations had T-80Us up to the gills with BMP-2s, while others made due with T-62s and early run BMP-1s.  

It's also at a point in history in which the "state of the art" was not quite so uneven as it is today (or a T-90AM vs M1A2 SEP v2 is still a pretty unfair fight.  A M1A1HA vs a T-80U is much more even).

It's also when the number of "viable" military formations was frankly through the roof with Denmark and the Netherlands of all things being tough enough to actually have an MTOE worth including, let alone France, West Germany, the UK, and Italy.  To a lesser extent this also applies to the Pact formations although obviously they're more slightly different flavored Soviet formations vs something as radically different as US mechanized infantry to Norwegians or something.   

I'm also for the Fulda Gap. I cut my teeth on Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis as far as wargames go, and to this day I think the 80's are the most interesting time in military history

grargh. someone gifted me the cold war game and expansion for guerilla war on steam and it f.d up steam suppport still hasnt responded...

As someone who has previously wanted Asia included, I can say pretty confidently, that isn't going to happen. Seems like they are not interested, have too much on their plates as it is and it was mention that just generating the OOB would be a massive undertaking. So I don't expect to see that in my lifetime.

The Arab-Israeli stuff has also been mentioned and don't see that happening either.

North Africa 41-42. Considering they already did one in CM1, I'm surprised its not on the horizon.

Fiulda Gap-I would be very surprised.

France 40-I guess that could be possible-in 2020 or later.

IIRC Buldge is the next one we'll see, then Italy 44-45 will be next. Another WW2 Russian Front will probably be next. 

I know it's harsh reality, but ... cut it out with them negative waves ! :angry:

Fulda Gap and maybe modern Korea when they run out of ideas for other modern. Another Asia game such as India-Pakistan or Taiwan would be nice but I won't hold my breath

Early WW2 would also be fun but we could be waiting a long time even for Barbarossa :-(