Task Force Spartan Resolve

Gents, the campaign is finally completed.

Join the paratroopers of "Attack" Company, 1-503rd Airborne, as they rush to stem the tide of the Russian advance in central Ukraine!

There are two files associated with the campaign. There is a "Mod Pack" which consists of a compilation of my favorite mods as well as some additional mods specifically for the campaign. The second file is the .cam file for the campaign.

Many people contributed to the creation of this campaign, without your help I could not have completed this project. I thank you all.

Until I can get it on the Repository, the campaign can be downloaded from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27642219/Task%20Force%20Spartan%20Resolve%20Campaign.zip

Edited by Imperial Grunt

It's no problem putting the cam file into the folder.  But, no I wasn't sure what to do about the mods.  I think it's cos some of the filenames are too long.  I have encountered one or two other mod sets that created the same error messages.  Not sure why I have that problem and apparently others don't.

On the other hand if the mods included with this campaign are edited from existing mods(??), then I probably have them all anyway.

Thanks again for the campaign.

It's no problem putting the cam file into the folder. But, no I wasn't sure what to do about the mods. I think it's cos some of the filenames are too long. I have encountered one or two other mod sets that created the same error messages. Not sure why I have that problem and apparently others don't.

On the other hand if the mods included with this campaign are edited from existing mods(??), then I probably have them all anyway.

Thanks again for the campaign.

Ok, got it. Were the readme txt files helpful?

I hope you enjoy the campaign!

I think it's cos some of the filenames are too long.  I have encountered one or two other mod sets that created the same error messages.  Not sure why I have that problem and apparently others don't.

It's not the name of the mods that is too long, but the path to destination.

I mean, if you try to extract as it is, the extractor try to put them in a long "name folder\long name foler\long name folder\name of the file"

What i did is to open the archive in exploration mode and to extract them one by one in a simple folder named "a" for exemple.

Hope it's clear, as i don't write English very well.

Edited by kendar

There is a problem with the modpack archiv, several files (72) have too long path+file length when using winrar (max 260 char) if one just download and extract somewhere in \downloads library, but there is a workaround: first extract the 2 rar files and move the modpack .rar to a new folder C:\A\, rename the modpack rar to 'A.rar' and than extract the contents in C:\A\. That way the length is within acceptable boundaries for all files.

Hey Imperial Grunt...since Kieme has made most of the best CMBS mods anyway, why not downsize your file to just the specific tagged mods and let folks use Kieme's links?

I know you have some sound mods and such as well, but Kieme's mods really do make CMBS better....and if you like sound mods, maybe you could just provide a list and guys that want them can search for them....

I was fortunately able to download and unzip everything using my trusty iMac, but it was a monster....looking forward to this...thanks for all your hard work...

Edited by grunt_GI

Hey Imperial Grunt...since Kieme has made most of the best CMBS mods anyway, why not downsize your file to just the specific tagged mods and let folks use Kieme's links?

I know you have some sound mods and such as well, but Kieme's mods really do make CMBS better....and if you like sound mods, maybe you could just provide a list and guys that want them can search for them....

I was fortunately able to download and unzip everything using my trusty iMac, but it was a monster....looking forward to this...thanks for all your hard work...

Good idea. I have to fix my Dropbox account first. I'll advise when I can do that.

Tried what you suggested - trying to extract individual folder and file.  (Boy, that's going to take a long time.)  However, still have problems.  One of the folders that was problematic was POLISH VOICES. 

I created a folder called that on my desktop, so very short directory name.  But I STILL could not extract some of the wave folders from the unzipped folder.

eg: "polish heavy target big gun 2.wav".  I cannot even click and drag that individual wav file (or "polish heavy target big gun 3.wav") out of its folder directly onto my desktop at all.

Am I using the wrong version of WinRAR?

Tried what you suggested - trying to extract individual folder and file.  (Boy, that's going to take a long time.)  However, still have problems.  One of the folders that was problematic was POLISH VOICES. 

I created a folder called that on my desktop, so very short directory name.  But I STILL could not extract some of the wave folders from the unzipped folder.

eg: "polish heavy target big gun 2.wav".  I cannot even click and drag that individual wav file (or "polish heavy target big gun 3.wav") out of its folder directly onto my desktop at all.

I think you need to see the original thread of the sound mod uploaded by Wacław. There has been a small arty sound patch fix posted there so maybe this will help. 

Tried what you suggested - trying to extract individual folder and file. (Boy, that's going to take a long time.) However, still have problems. One of the folders that was problematic was POLISH VOICES.

I created a folder called that on my desktop, so very short directory name. But I STILL could not extract some of the wave folders from the unzipped folder.

eg: "polish heavy target big gun 2.wav". I cannot even click and drag that individual wav file (or "polish heavy target big gun 3.wav") out of its folder directly onto my desktop at all.

I'll get a cut down mod file out soon. It should simplify things.