Preview of the first Battle Pack

Everyone, 

Sorry about the file name problem.  It seems many of you have got it working already but just in case not, please rename your downloaded file to:

Windows

CMBN Windows 3.12 Update Installer.zip

Mac

CMBN MacOS 3.12 Update Installer.pkg

This has been corrected on our server for future downloads.  Apologies for the confusion and I hope you enjoy the Battle Pack!

Charles

The new QB maps are there, but just have older file dates.  Look for any QB map with a "BP1" at the beginning of its name.

Wow, longtime since I have seen you on the Forums!

I feel quite privileged :)

Found the maps, as described, although only fifteen of 'em. But who's counting.

Had a quick look-see and the BP looks good. Here's hoping for more of them.

Cheers

Jim

OK, I just tried entering the BP #.  And it worked.  Seems strange that the program asks me to enter my original CMBN #.

Yes, I had the same thing.  For people just downloading the BP (At least for windows) it will ask for your original CMBN activation key.  I ignored that and entered the activation key for the Battle Pack.  Everything worked fine.  

But now the (I admit very) late question: Since the version is now V3.12, will my ongoing PBEM mails still run with the battle pack newly installed?

You cab upgrade your PBEM games. Just make sure you coordinate that with your opponent. Once you upgrade your opponent will not be able to read the turn file until they upgrade as well.

The procedure is to review the latest turn in the old version, move to the command phase and save the game. Then open the saved game in the newer version and generate the new email file.

My usual recommendation is to make a copy of your game install first. Rename the new copied dir something that makes sense and then install the patch on top of the copy. That way you can keep playing your PBEM games while you coordinate with your opponents and you can play with the new content.

On the Mac, please go to the "Documents" folder where your CM Battle for Normandy app is located.

In "Documents" you'll see an icon for "Activate New Products".  Run that.  It will let you enter your BPack activation key.

Ta Charles - my fault.  I have CMBN for both PC and Mac - When I bought the battlepack it gave me access to both the installers which I downloaded and installed the mac one first.  What I discovered eventually was the PC licence confused the activation on the Mac!! Put right by buying the Mac version (and the neccessary licence).  All good now.

You cab upgrade your PBEM games. Just make sure you coordinate that with your opponent. Once you upgrade your opponent will not be able to read the turn file until they upgrade as well.

The procedure is to review the latest turn in the old version, move to the command phase and save the game. Then open the saved game in the newer version and generate the new email file.

My usual recommendation is to make a copy of your game install first. Rename the new copied dir something that makes sense and then install the patch on top of the copy. That way you can keep playing your PBEM games while you coordinate with your opponents and you can play with the new content.

Thanks, Ian! Now I remember, we used the same procedure during a CMFI update.

Hobarts Funnies and Swansong seem identical.

They aren't identical ;)

This was a deliberate design decision, and the fruition of an idea I had waaaay back in the CMSF days. One of the glories of CMx2 is the variety and detail of the TOEs, and anyone who's played, say CMBS and CMRT, can attest to the differences in game play that different TOEs can force. One of the shames of CMx2, I think, is that players seldom get the chance to really examine the differences between TOEs, or the impact that different equipment can have on a given battle. So, in following those threads, a couple of the scenarios in the Battle Pack are explicitly set up to examine the differences that different TOEs and different kit make when conducting the same mission against the same enemy.

Oh that's cool JonS!

I tried playing the new campaign but the amount of trees in the first map is making it unplayable for me for the graphical fidelity I want to have. :( Will lower the 3D quality model to see if that fixes it somehow. Trees in general present a true goh for my rig also on tiny maps...

Thanx for all your work though.