Preview of the first Battle Pack

sweep4_zps09de2040.jpg

And finally the last team rolls up the remaining Germans.  About a dozen enemy killed or captured, 3 buildings cleared, no casualties - 60 seconds.

Wow.  Very impressive.  All in 60 seconds.  This reminds me of some cool AARs you had in Shock Force also.  You are very good at the MOUT stuff.  If I recall you made the scenario Venafro back into Hell or something like that???  The town you made for that scenario is probably my favorite MOUT map. It is like a mini Stalingrad.  

<Snip> 

Surprise, we are behind you!!!

Assault1_zps9845b31c.jpg

Assault4_zps90fd7285.jpg

It was a nice keyhole position until the back door was added.

LOL.  Another nicely executed move.  You should consider doing an instructional AAR on MOUT.  Looking forward to the next one.   :)  

Ha, yeah Venafro is mine and I do spend a lot of time on LLF's Ramadi map.

You probably wouldn't recognize Venafro now  :D  The gutted downtown section would be about center just to the left of the Cathedral.  The map extends a little to the right as well.  But enough of that, this is the battle pack thread.  I need to dig out more pics.

Venafro%20full_zpsezl5tq1f.jpg

Ha, yeah Venafro is mine and I do spend a lot of time on LLF's Ramadi map.

You probably wouldn't recognize Venafro now  :D  The gutted downtown section would be about center just to the left of the Cathedral.  The map extends a little to the right as well.  But enough of that, this is the battle pack thread.  I need to dig out more pics.

Venafro%20full_zpsezl5tq1f.jpg

It grew!  Urban sprawl.  Maybe someday you can release it?  It would make a nice MOUT training area.   

Evening August 31st 1944.  Units of the 23rd Hussars approach a RR underpass in a driving rainstorm as the 11th Armoured Division rushes towards Amiens.

I am trying to avoid any screenshots that provide any real intel on enemy positions. The maps themselves are really nicely done.

BP%20003_zpsfabojarf.jpg

More wreckage from the headlong retreat of the German Army.

BP%20004_zps9dg9gnxg.jpg

It grew!  Urban sprawl.  Maybe someday you can release it?  It would make a nice MOUT training area.   

Speaking of urban sprawl. I'm in the planning/research stages of a "what if" campaign for CMFI set during the last days of the German evacuation from Sicily. I will recreate large parts of Messina. Needless to say it is a long term project.

• 2 weeks later...
Release Update:
The good news is that the scenarios and campaign are now all essentially done! Yay! The not-so-good news is that there has been a technical hold up, and I’m travelling through Europe for the next couple of weeks*. Taken together, this means that my expected release date has now moved to the end of October.

Jon

* Well, the travel thing might not be good for you, but it’s great news for me - I’ve managed to convince Domestic Niner that a few days in Normandy is essential :D Anyone fancy meeting for a beer in London next week?

Release Update:
The good news is that the scenarios and campaign are now all essentially done! Yay! The not-so-good news is that there has been a technical hold up, and I’m travelling through Europe for the next couple of weeks*. Taken together, this means that my expected release date has now moved to the end of October.

Jon

* Well, the travel thing might not be good for you, but it’s great news for me - I’ve managed to convince Domestic Niner that a few days in Normandy is essential :D Anyone fancy meeting for a beer in London next week?

If you send the airfare, I'm in for sure.

Noba.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont mean to be pushy, but curious why we have to wait for you to get back to the US for the completed BP to be released.  Cannot BF release it on their own like they have every other game, update, and expansion?

I could be wrong but my impression from reading here is that @JonS is the principal author of the content in the battle pack.  I'm just guessing but he might have a few things left to do before it is done.  That seems like a good reason not to release it and an explanation of why they are waiting for his return.

Note: I have no involvement in the project and no insider knowledge I'm just posting an opinion based on logical deduction.  BTW @Lille Fiskerby's theory seem interesting too but I know even less about that.

Jon, are you there yet? It's been two weeks now since your last post. I know France is beautiful but so is New Zealand.

France was beautiful. And so was Spain, and now so is Italy. And I'm guessing that next week Germany will be too ?

@IanL basically covered it. Back home towards the end of next week.