Preview of the first Battle Pack

the amount of trees in the first map

Yeah, there are a lot of trees on that one. That's the only one with that density of trees though.

Edit: 'The Copse' and 'A Crossroads Near Brussels' are probably good scens to start with.

Edited by JonS

There's no announcement on the front page simply because we needed this to be a "soft launch" because we had no idea if the hacks I made to the ancient mess of scripts would work under real world conditions.  It did :D  However, there's was still some ugliness to the webpage promoting the Battle Pack and only a few hours ago I got it mostly fixed.  So announcement going up soon!

Steve

There's no announcement on the front page simply because we needed this to be a "soft launch" because we had no idea if the hacks I made to the ancient mess of scripts would work under real world conditions.  It did :D  However, there's was still some ugliness to the webpage promoting the Battle Pack and only a few hours ago I got it mostly fixed.  So announcement going up soon!

Steve

good good.. now time to put up pre orders for CMFB =p

They aren't identical ;)

This was a deliberate design decision, and the fruition of an idea I had waaaay back in the CMSF days. One of the glories of CMx2 is the variety and detail of the TOEs, and anyone who's played, say CMBS and CMRT, can attest to the differences in game play that different TOEs can force. One of the shames of CMx2, I think, is that players seldom get the chance to really examine the differences between TOEs, or the impact that different equipment can have on a given battle. So, in following those threads, a couple of the scenarios in the Battle Pack are explicitly set up to examine the differences that different TOEs and different kit make when conducting the same mission against the same enemy.

Totally agree ...

Lots of threads about:

'(insert name of kit to upcoming release) would be really cool'

'CMFB only adds a couple of extra bits of kit ... how can it take so long to release?'

The nuances of the TO&E are too often ignored which is a great shame. I hope that your efforts to raise awareness bear fruition.

Think I will just get the 3.12 patch...Then get both the VP & BP together at some point. 

Joe

Yeah, I'll do that, too.. VP and BP.

Now I'm flabbergasted, because I was just about to buy Black Sea. And to add injury to insult, a few weeks ago I removed CMBN from Pc, and I am not thrilled to have to repeat that reinstall/reactivate annoyance.  And so I'll buy nothing yet, wanna see some CMFB first, I think it will be available shortly..

They aren't identical ;)

This was a deliberate design decision, and the fruition of an idea I had waaaay back in the CMSF days. One of the glories of CMx2 is the variety and detail of the TOEs, and anyone who's played, say CMBS and CMRT, can attest to the differences in game play that different TOEs can force. One of the shames of CMx2, I think, is that players seldom get the chance to really examine the differences between TOEs, or the impact that different equipment can have on a given battle. So, in following those threads, a couple of the scenarios in the Battle Pack are explicitly set up to examine the differences that different TOEs and different kit make when conducting the same mission against the same enemy.

One of the cool things about helping test some of this is I got to understand better where Jon was going with this concept.  One particular scenario I think he had 2-3 different versions using different nationalities.  It really was an eye opener about how I had to alter tactics as the groups were incapable of performing the same way.  Beyond being just plain fun to play them, it was also a very good teaching moment.  I won't say anymore than that until folks get that far into playing and discussing them.

I would have liked to see a few mastermaps with the new BP.

There aren't any MMs explicitly, but you have access to the editor and can readily delete all the content (units, objectives, etc) from the bigger maps yourself. The Op LINNET map is 2.5 x 4km ...

Edited by JonS

Excuse me for appearing dumb but all the BP games are greyed out for me, where do I enter the licence info?

Thanks

The order page has a note on how to do this:

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Follow the installation instructions that come with the Battle Pack.  After installation use the "Activate" shortcut to have access to the license screen.  Copy/Paste your license key into the dialog and confirm.  The shortcut can be found on your desktop after installation, or inside the Start>All Programs>Battlefront group on the PC, or inside the Documents folder on the Mac

Detailed activation instructions are available in the ReadMe file available during installation, as well as in the game manual, and in our Knowledgebase at battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com.

I was very happy to (accidentally) hear about this pack and have it now.  Be aware that when the pack installs you are not given the choice to BROWSE and install into the folder of your choice (if you have installed CMBN to a different folder than default).

Fortunately, one can manually move the files into the desired folders and they seem to work fine.

The order page has a note on how to do this:

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Follow the installation instructions that come with the Battle Pack.  After installation use the "Activate" shortcut to have access to the license screen.  Copy/Paste your license key into the dialog and confirm.  The shortcut can be found on your desktop after installation, or inside the Start>All Programs>Battlefront group on the PC, or inside the Documents folder on the Mac

Detailed activation instructions are available in the ReadMe file available during installation, as well as in the game manual, and in our Knowledgebase at battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com.

Thank you, sorted now