The Scenario Depot III

Hello Gentlemen

I bring you exciting news of the new Scenario Depot III which has been funded by The Few Good Men.  As we all know The Scenario Depot II was the go to place for Scenario downloads with its most successful period being from the mid-90's to the early 00's for the CMX1 series of games.  Unfortunately it was never updated to encompass the CMX2 series of games but all that is about to change.  I introduce to you The Scenario Depot III.

Snap%202015-07-05%20at%2021.29.06_zpstod

The new site is a community wide project and despite being hosted on The Few Good Men servers membership of The FGM is not required.  We have reached a stage where the site is pretty much finished and all that remains to be tested now is its load bearing capabilities.  

The Scenario Depot III is the place to upload your completed play tested scenarios for the enjoyment of the CMx2 community and I'm asking if you scenario designers out there would do me the honour of starting to upload your scenarios to the database as a stress test exercise.  If all goes well The Scenario Depot III will be up and running henceforth.

The site is available HERE

Please read 'The About The Scenario Depot III' section and then go to 'Upload A File' to go through the simple process of getting your scenario into our database awaiting front page post upload. 

I would like to thank Gary Krockover the original designer of The Scenario Depot II and The Proving Grounds for his permission to launch the next era of the sites catering for the new games released by Battlefront in the CMX2 series.

The site covers all CMX2 games [Afghanistan, Shock Force, Battles for Normandy, Fortress Italy, Red Thunder , Black Sea] and has areas waiting to be opened for the Bulge games forthcoming release.

As well as scenarios and campaigns the site also offers the capability of uploading user designed maps for players to download.

At present we have just the one map uploaded so please pop over and start adding your content and if you wish to donate towards the endeavour there is a link at the bottom of the right hand column for you generous folk out there.  Donations will go towards the programmes required to get The Proving Grounds up and running which is phase 2 of the project.  I look forward to seeing your work being submitted.

Thanks for reading.

Bootie

Edited by ShaneGreer

Hi Booty

Great idea mate - worthwhile project I think. The old proving grounds was invaluable for designers in ye olden days! :)

Just uploaded a scenario for you to SDIII. Upload appears to have gone OK but can't tell re finished item as I can't see the entry on the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a file size limit? I tried to upload a CMRT campaign with mod tags last night but it would not go through.

Possibly 20MB... I need to look into it.  What size was your file?  Can you send it to me?

That is a really nice looking site! 

Will you also add a mod section? 

Probably not... I believe CMMODS is getting an overhaul or the repository is getting updated so no point in re-inventing the wheel.  If however these sites fall below expectations then it is something that may be considered.

Yes that would be very much appreciated.  I checked with my host and file upload is set at 20MB.  Unfortunately as this is financed purely through donations I cannot yet switch to a dedicated server and am instead on shared hosting.  If I win the lottery I will upgrade it... for now I will remove mention of campaigns and stick with maps and scenarios.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good looking website! Do you want scenarios that are not yet on the BFC repository (ie completely new ones)? I could upload the existing stuff I made for CMRT (CMRT Firebrigade von Saucken, CMRT Fester Platz Polozk, etc. ) I may also have something residing on my harddrive that is as of yet unreleased, yet already playtested (CMRT Gates of Warsaw Redux) that may be eligible for uploading and branded as semi new. A bit pressed for time right now, because I am knee deep in making bulge stuff :D

But again, looking good.

Good looking website! Do you want scenarios that are not yet on the BFC repository (ie completely new ones)? I could upload the existing stuff I made for CMRT (CMRT Firebrigade von Saucken, CMRT Fester Platz Polozk, etc. ) I may also have something residing on my harddrive that is as of yet unreleased, yet already playtested (CMRT Gates of Warsaw Redux) that may be eligible for uploading and branded as semi new. A bit pressed for time right now, because I am knee deep in making bulge stuff :D

But again, looking good.

Thanks for the kind words.

That would be fantastic.... the upload process is relatively painless with most of the options being chosen from a drop down menu.... only part that would take a few minutes is the description.  Upload them all when you have the time.  :)

But again, looking good.

Gates of Warsaw is definitely worth uploading - I check from time to time to see if you've uploaded. I had great fun with it.

AlexUK! Yeah, you were one of the playtesters for the Gates of Warsaw Redux version  :)

I was thinking of releasing it when the new CMRT module is out. But that may be a while since BFC decided that Bulge was first in line. It has been sitting on my hard drive since.

Been so busy with Bulge stuff, that all CMRT stuff was temporarily shelved. Had more scenarios in the works for CMRT. But can do only so much.

I will upload all my already published CMRT scenarios to the Depot and throw in Gates of Warsaw redux too as soon as I have some time to spare. I have just spent hours tweaking an AI plan for a Bulge scenario and could use a break  :P

I will try to do it some time this week.

Ow, and hi Boo. Nice to see they let you out of the Cesspool for a while! Hope you washed before you posted here.

Okay Shane. I just uploaded CMRT Fester Platz Polozk. Nice clean interface, well done. One thing could use some improvement though IMHO: scenario/map description. Please make this a textbox so you can add a decent description. But that is about the only thing I can think of right now.

I will add the others this week too, including CMRT GoW Redux. So keep an eye open for them  ;)

Good job on the website!!

Okay Shane. I just uploaded CMRT Fester Platz Polozk. Nice clean interface, well done. One thing could use some improvement though IMHO: scenario/map description. Please make this a textbox so you can add a decent description. But that is about the only thing I can think of right now.

I will add the others this week too, including CMRT GoW Redux. So keep an eye open for them  ;)

Good job on the website!!

Thanks for uploading.  I changed the image as it was a little small.

In relation to the scenario/map description it is a text box.  Do you mean a bigger one with ability to format etc?

If so it doesnt really work and its really only there for a brief description of the scenario.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your uploads.  :)

In relation to the scenario/map description it is a text box.  Do you mean a bigger one with ability to format etc?

Not necessarily formatting, just some more space to type a decent description and the possibility to put in some carriage returns. Nothing fancy.

Ow, nice picture :-)

I will upload some more stuff tonight. First up: CMRT Gates of Warsaw Redux

Edit: oh my, you are fast dude  :) better with the text box. CMRT GoW Redux uploaded.

Edited by PanzerMike

Thanks for the uploads and apologies for changing your pics.  I need the images to be about 750px wide to fit in with the template.  I have edited the upload instructions to ask for images 750px wide... even then I would still probably touch them up.  :)

How was the process for you?

Ive been able to iron out a few little wrinkles from my side during your uploads so thanks for that.

Just finished uploading all my stuff. I even uploaded some oldies I made for Market Garden, my first adventures in scenario making  :)

It all went smooth. Jolly good show.

Change the pictures all you want, as long as it looks cool  B)

Except for CMRT Gates of Warsaw Redux, all these scenarios are in the BFC repository. 

CMRT Gates of Warsaw Redux is new. You are the first to offer it for downloading, it is not up in the BFC repository.

Edited by PanzerMike

I wonder if the new BFC website they are working on can rival yours  B)  . It looks really good. I will certainly upload new stuff when I have it. Unfortunately (or not, depending on how you look at it) the number of scenarios I will make as a member of the community will be less than before. I still make scenarios, but most will likely surface as stock scenarios in upcoming releases.

I made a bunch of stuff for Red Thunder because I skipped Black Sea (modern just ain't my thang ya know) choosing to supplement the scenario content for that one instead. But now with Bulge development in full swing, no way I will skip that  :)

As always I do encourage others that are able and willing to make scenarios and publish them for the benefit of the community. And your website is a great tool for that. As you said yourself in the "About" on your website, making scenarios for CMx2 is quite different from CMx1. It is considerably harder. Consequently, a lot less people are making them. Very understandable. Yet, if you manage to pull it off and put your labor of love out there, you can be rightly proud of it. Because then you belong to a special breed  ;)

Edited by PanzerMike