Language change

Greetings,

Iam trying to get a friend to get into CM, so far I downloaded CMSF demo for him which he is playing and enjoying, and soon to be bought by him. The problem is he is Spanish and dosent understand/read English. There are instructions on the demo page on how to change the language but I don´t seem to get it.

It says to copy the scenario files to your launguage, but where is this launguage folder? All I see is the scenario folder. Also, is there by any chance a Spanish manual for CMSF or CM 3.0?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Mike

I can't speak for the demo 'cause it's been 8 years since I played it but I can tell you the full game comes in English, French, German and Spanish. There are also PDF manuals in all those languages that can be found in the main CMSF folder once the game is installed.

EDITED: Look in your main CMSF folder (demo) and see if there are folders for French, German and Spanish. You'll find the scenarios in there. That is how the full game does it.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

I can't speak for the demo 'cause it's been 8 years since I played it but I can tell you the full game comes in English, French, German and Spanish. There are also PDF manuals in all those languages that can be found in the main CMSF folder once the game is installed.

EDITED: Look in your main CMSF folder (demo) and see if there are folders for French, German and Spanish. You'll find the scenarios in there. That is how the full game does it.

Mord.

Thank you Mord for your help, very kind of you!

Well, he bought the full version the same day I posted here and this is what I found...

First I updated CMSF from 1.11 to 1.32 with all the incrementaI patches between, I then switched the launguage to Spanish on the options menu so now the game is in Spanish, I then rebboted, so far so good, but still no Spanish PDF to be found. There are 4 PDF manuals in the main folder, German, French and 2 English manuals, 1 is a print frendly version, but no Spanish PDF. There are 4 game folders as welll, strangely there´s a Spanish game folder, German, English and French game folders but still no Spanish PDF manual. So he´s missing the Spanish PDF manual.

Any way I can get this for him? If needed he can log in to CM and I´ll ask for him or if needed his order number I can posted it too.

By the way, he´s running CMSF on a Tablet with Win8 and it runs very good!

Best regards,

Mike

Nobody with a Spanish PDF?

Well, I´ll put in a ticket for him and see what Battlefront has to say. I know CMSF is cheap now, but it´s not a good way to get newbies into CM if support Ignors a request like this. After all I guaranteed him he would get a Spanish PDF with the full game as I have full faith in Battlefront. I now feel like I cheated him! Iam not saying something went wrong, maybe it did, but the game works just fine and I would say that a simple PDF file would be easy to get/send.

Care,

Mike