10th Anniversary

Nidan1

Today is the 10th Anniversary of the pivotal action of Operation Redwings in Afghanistan, that cost the lives of 19 of the finest men that the US Military has to offer.

Inter-Service rivalry, multiple comms problems, no unified command structure and poor planning led to the ambush that killed Mike Murphy, Danny Dietz, Matt Axelson and 16 additional special ops men who came to rescue them. Marcus Luttrel the "Lone Survivor" was taken in by Pashtun villagers and eventually rescued. 

The insanity of war, and what it does to people's lives all over the world. Will it ever end?

Edited by Nidan1

Today is the 10th Anniversary of the pivotal action of Operation Redwings in Afghanistan, that cost the lives of 19 of the finest men that the US Military has to offer.

Inter-Service rivalry, multiple comms problems, no unified command structure and poor planning led to the ambush that killed Mike Murphy, Danny Dietz, Matt Axelson and 16 additional special ops men who came to rescue them. Marcus Luttrel the "Lone Survivor" was taken in by Pashtun villagers and eventually rescued. 

The insanity of war, and what it does to people's lives all over the world. Will it ever end?

Not whilst there is money to be made and to hell with the (human misery) cost. War has always been about control. Control of resources, people and power and until mankind figures out across the board that life can be easier if you cooperate, look for common opportunities or perhaps just ignore others then we will find it difficult to stop.

Noba.

yeah it will end.  We are doing a pretty good job of destroying our planet.  It may take a bit yet, but going by present trends humanity will extinguish itself in a very relatively short time.

You have morons in Southern California during the worst drought in our history using MORE water because they think money decides how much of our planet's resources they get to waste.

Not that it is only the rich, my neighbor across the street still has water flowing into his gutters from over watering his lawn.  He must be pissed at me "lowering his property values" because my lawn is dried up and brown - he can relax, I am gonna plant native grasses I promise it will look better.  :D

yeah it will end.  We are doing a pretty good job of destroying our planet.  It may take a bit yet, but going by present trends humanity will extinguish itself in a very relatively short time.

You have morons in Southern California during the worst drought in our history using MORE water because they think money decides how much of our planet's resources they get to waste.

Not that it is only the rich, my neighbor across the street still has water flowing into his gutters from over watering his lawn.  He must be pissed at me "lowering his property values" because my lawn is dried up and brown - he can relax, I am gonna plant native grasses I promise it will look better.  :D

and this has what to do with the needless deaths of some very brave young Americans? Men who might have had answers to problems affecting humanity, had their lives not been cut short by hubris and stupidity.

But then you are an admitted doodyhead, so what do you know?

Edited by Nidan1

As an affirmed Doody head, let me reference you to your last statement

You paint with a very broad brush about human stupidity.  I answered with Human stupidity is the answer to your question.  You need a doody cap, your brain is obviously getting overheated.  Did you at least use some sunscreen up there?