Can start quick battles but not save/load them?

Sorry for posting this in the main forum, but it's driving me nuts and there's not much traffic in the technical support forum, so I thought I would ask here as well:

I downloaded a big map pack from the Repository. It's "57 QB maps" by Sam Hutchinson.

The maps all load up just fine in game, but when I save the game and later try to load the saved game, I get the error message "Market Garden Module is required for this scenario".

I don't have the Market Garden Module, but I was able to start up the quick battle and play it just fine. It's only when trying to load the saved game that I get problems.

I hope somebody can help out.

Here's a clue to what might be going on: Sometimes a specific map can be saved/loaded, sometimes the very same map can't. I play with AI force selection, and I think the AI might sometimes be selecting units from the Market Garden module that I don't have. There's also at least one map that can just never be save/loaded, no matter what I do.

By the way, I downloaded the map from the part of the Repository with stuff for just the basic game. So I assumed everything there would work without the modules.

Edited by Bulletpoint

Bulletpoint,

can you confrm that this is the QB map pack you are referring to:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1716

If so, I had a look at these and the maps are not the problem. They have all been created with CMBN v1.01.

Also, the submission date into the repository (beginning of 2012) is clearly before either the CW or MG module even were released.

The maps do not require any module to be present in order to play with them.

My guess:

The AI force selection is somehow "broken" by being allowed to select forces for which you don't have the module.

This does not seem to be a problem for playing straight away (there seems to be no check for available modules as there is when loading a saved game).

So my guess so far: Bug in the game.

But I'm sure Ian will take a good look at it and report it if it is a real problem.

Bulletpoint,

can you confrm that this is the QB map pack you are referring to:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1716

If so, I had a look at these and the maps are not the problem. They have all been created with CMBN v1.01.

Also, the submission date into the repository (beginning of 2012) is clearly before either the CW or MG module even were released.

The maps do not require any module to be present in order to play with them.

Yes, that's the one.

I'm doing some more troubleshooting right now, with the map LJF-AS-Small-Hill-01.

Testing by booting up a quick battle on the map, then immediately saving before doing anything. Then I quit and try to reload the saved game. So far, the game greys out the savegame with the error message 7 times out of 8. But sometimes, it allows me to load it.

I've tried to check the enemy force in the cases where it loads. Often, the enemy will be comrpised of almost only squads with HMG, and I thought that might be a clue, but in some cases, there's a more sensible force mix.

Edited by Bulletpoint