Few questions on mac

Hi. Just got cmrt, trying out the scenario editor it seems that the f keys to assign groups are tied to functions like brightness etc and don't work in the editor. I am new to mac's so excuse me if i'm missing something obvious. And how do you deselect a units group tag i.e. A1 if you want to remove it from that group. Cheers.

Howdy, to group units hold down the {fn} key...lower left next to control with the F1, F2, etc.....to unassign groups, just hold down the fn key and click again.

You create a folder that starts with Z...I call mine Zmods and put it in the Data folder...use the SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS command when you right click on the CMRT icon in your APPS folder.

Then click down the contents folder till you find the Data folder...it has a bunch of files that end with brz...that's where you put your Zmod folder...

The nice thing is you can group your mods in folders to keep the straight and then just drop those folders in the Zmod folder...that's all you have to do...when you don't want those mods anymore, just delete them. What I do is COPY mods into the Zmod folder from a master CM folder where I keep all my stuff...because it's easiest just to DELETE them when you are done..and if drag and drop then you might lose them.

Easy cheesy.

Have fun with scenario making.

Mods is "simple" once you know it. 

Go to CM Red Thunder.  Two-finger/CTRL click on it & pick "Show package contents".  Go to Contents>Resources>Data and place the Z folder there.  (I also recommend setting up an alias for Z in the main CMRT folder along with alias' for the Data and Game files folders.  Makes it easier to acess them in the future).

Jyri

New today, first post... completely at a loss as to how to add user battles/scenarios or campaigns to my Mac installation. Can see folders, put a campaign in with standard campaigns and a scenario in the scenario folder but they don't show in menus when I start game. Already created Zmod folder etc.  What am I missing?

New today, first post... completely at a loss as to how to add user battles/scenarios or campaigns to my Mac installation. Can see folders, put a campaign in with standard campaigns and a scenario in the scenario folder but they don't show in menus when I start game. Already created Zmod folder etc.  What am I missing?

Gary I have a Mac too. Indeed, all I needed to do was place the files in the respective folders and it worked fine. Are you certain that you didn't mistake what a given file was, and accidentally put, say, a campaign in a scenario folder or vice versa?

You can check by examining the file extension and see if the file has the same extension as the ones that came with the game in that folder.