Windows 10 upgrade: CMSF license activation

I have all the Combat Mission titles (well, except Black Sea - not got round to that one yet). All the titles currently installed on a Windows 8.1 computer. Seems I am heading down the road of upgrading to Windows 10. What will that mean for the various licenses I have for CMSF, CMBN, CMAF and CMRT?? All of them are fully up to date with latest versions, and all loaded with every available module.

Should I be taking some action before upgrading to Windows 10?

I would deactivate all the CMSF titles.  That reduces the odds of having to contact the helpdesk to clear an activation.

The other titles are fine.  In some cases you may have to reactivate, but even if you are over your activation limit BF can assist and there isn't anything you can do in advance.  The CMSF titles have a different license model, you definitely want to deactivate.

I noticed Microsoft is offering a free Win 10 now if you reserve it.  Not worth it for me to be a guinea pig, I'll wait.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm, that CMSF is working perfectly on Windows 10, although i had to put it on Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode. Before upgrade i unlicensed it and then licensed it again when Win10 was fully installed. CMBS and CMBN is also working perfectly on Win10, no need to put on compatibility mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, when i tried to launch it yesterday it wanted me to activate, which i couldn't do since it said activation limit had been reached. Now, i tried to launch this morning and all was fine, didn't require activation - oddly enough it launched without a hitch.

Edited by kuri